No wheel locking nut???

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Novice
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Novice »

Hi, I bought my n-connecta 67 plate from a reputable dealers a month ago. Upon further inspection, I couldn’t find the wheel locking but key. The dealers have now developed “too busy to return calls” syndrome and I’m panickng! I have lifted the caps off to look for the nut so I can get a replacement key, but they isn’t any nuts with the flower pattern on them. Does anyone know if the new shape quashqais don’t have wheel locking nuts fitted?

Thanks

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Yes they do. Have you got alloys or steel rims?
tophat57

Post by tophat57 »

Mine does, was in the glove Box. Would doubt that you'd have the 16" steel wheels, as they are the dog standard bottom of the range. And so unlikely to be on an n-Connecta. They should be the standard black and polished double five spoke ones.

If they're not answering the phone, go and sit on their desk (literally) till they respond. Nothing gets service like a pissed off customer in the showroom! Especially if there are other customers around looking for their next car.
Facelift J11b N-connecta 1.6 x-tonic in vivid blue. And a dual accelerator for my dodgy foot..........
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Novice, just a question are you UK based ?. The reason I ask is that our German QQ J11 did not have Locking Nuts and the answer from Nissan was „Country Spec“ meaning there are different Specs for different Countries, we had to pay out for ours but it is worth it for Alloys - Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

My QQ is in the UK, but its an export to Cyprus & it does not have locking wheel nuts. It certainly is Country Specific.
DaveBerlin wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:41 pm Novice, just a question are you UK based ?. The reason I ask is that our German QQ J11 did not have Locking Nuts and the answer from Nissan was „Country Spec“ meaning there are different Specs for different Countries, we had to pay out for ours but it is worth it for Alloys - Dave :D
verminator999
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by verminator999 »

Stangely enough my local Nissan garage had ours, forgot to put back in car after recent service in may. This I only found out last week when I wanted a wheel off. Went to see them and they had a bag of spares inc 3 for a j11, first one he tried fitted, no apology for not getting back to me that they had it. Wouldn't have taken sherlock holmes to locate the owner once they found they still had it but don't think they were bothered. Aint going back there for any more services.
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Same here, a week after a service I discovered no locking nut, drove to the dealers and they produced one. Whether it was mine, or just a similar one, no idea, but it worked.

Probably a common thing to happen, it's easy to forget a thing like that. I'd probably do it loads if I was servicing cars!

But if you don't have any locking nuts fitted that's a different problem, maybe the previous owner didn't like them and replaced them with custom ones?

I don't see the point of them anyway, any decent wheel thief probably has a skeleton key. Last time I took mine for a tyre change I said the locking nut is in the glove box and he said "it's ok, we have a universal fit all one."
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
Deleted User 3871

I bought my QQ from Motorpoint as an Exported car. There are very few differences with the UK model, but one of them is that the car has no locking wheel nuts, kind of strange for the top of the line car. So, even though the car has no marks on the paperwork to say its an export, it may be just that.

Do you have a spare wheel instead of some gunk? My car came with it as standard, but UK cars do not from what I can fathom.

Novice wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:25 pm Hi, I bought my n-connecta 67 plate from a reputable dealers a month ago. Upon further inspection, I couldn’t find the wheel locking but key. The dealers have now developed “too busy to return calls” syndrome and I’m panickng! I have lifted the caps off to look for the nut so I can get a replacement key, but they isn’t any nuts with the flower pattern on them. Does anyone know if the new shape quashqais don’t have wheel locking nuts fitted?

Thanks
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Many of export spec QQ's come with no Thatcham Class 1 security system either.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Deleted User 3871

My QQ does have an alarm, but can't say if its thatcham Class 1 or not. I can say its fitted at the factory, certainly works as i've opend the boot a few times in the past and activated it, the remote key disables the alarm. The alarm is not the same sound as the car horn, the noise appears to come from under the car. Mine was exported to Cyprus on paper alone, it never left the country.
Gel wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:51 pm Many of export spec QQ's come with no Thatcham Class 1 security system either.