2016 Issues.. please can anyone advise?

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
QashqaiOwner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by QashqaiOwner »

Hi all, and thank you for taking the time to read this.

8 weeks ago, my qashqai developed a loud knocking noise when turning the steering wheel. Loud enough to hear it inside and out side of the car, and also strong enough that you feel it through the steering wheel.

Nissan couldn’t get it in until the first week Of April (4 weeks) and then couldn’t fix it due to parts. It was booked in for 24th April, but this was again cancelled due to not having the parts.

Nissan have said my top mounts, have gone and need replacing. Which I agreed, they quite visibably move much more than they should.

Fast forward to this week, I now have engine management lights on, along with break warning and steering warning light. Contacted Nissan again, to be told it’s still safe to drive and rebooked for may 17th 🙄

Not happy with this I contacted the RAC to come and check it over. They found numerous faults and towed it to Nissan straight away.

Faults found:
Top mounts failure, Calipar failure, handbreak failure, radar failure. Power steering failure.

The car is a 2016 1.5 diesel. It’s done 22,000 miles.

What I need to know is, is all of this an easy (ish) fix?
They told me to carry on driving it for just shy of 8 weeks, which by all accounts has done more damage, the cup the top mount sits in, has worn away (that’s how much movement there is) and the bearings have gone..

Should this of happened in the first 22,000 miles? Or is it more likely it was defective from the start?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Cheers

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

The fact is it’s happened, and doesn’t really matter whether it should have or not by now, even though it’s annoying and inconvenient. At least it’s still under warranty.
QashqaiOwner

Post by QashqaiOwner »

gvmdaddy wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:53 am The fact is it’s happened, and doesn’t really matter whether it should have or not by now, even though it’s annoying and inconvenient. At least it’s still under warranty.
Thank god it is still under warranty.

Apparently it’s possible they will write it off? Surely this ain’t right? What do you think?
QashqaiOwner

Post by QashqaiOwner »

Also, if anyone could give me an idea of what other damage this may of caused, so when/I’d i ever get it back I know what to look out for I’d really appreciate it.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

If you need the facts on these problems try using „Search“ as many of these type of issues have been Posted before. It will take time but if you find the information then copy it and show it to your Dealer - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
paplane

Post by paplane »

I'd recommend you seek another Nissan dealer. Being asked to wait 4 weeks is rubbish service.