STRANGE NOISE ON THE LEFT HANDSIDE REAR WHEEL

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
dbm2006
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by dbm2006 »

Hi, just bought QQ 2 days ago, 63 plates 39000 miles, and have noticed strange noise coming from left rear wheel when driving in a low speed. I have not contact the dealership yet, try to understand first whst is going on. If anyone had the same experience please share with me. Thanks in advance.

Spuriousfish

Post by Spuriousfish »

Hi...

I noticed nobody had replied yet and thought this story may or may not help.

A friend has an X-trail and over the last couple of years has had a 'strange noise' coming from the rear wheels. When I heard it, it was more like a drumming noise. It appears to have been something to do with the parking brake being sticky, which on the X-trail and my Qashqai is a small drum brake integrated into the rear disk brake assembly. Twice he has had it in the garage and they have free'd up the handbrake assembly. It made a difference but did come back again so the garage went through the same procedure and the noise has gone again but we're not sure for how long.

The garage was not overly impressed with the handbrake and cable assembly design but it is somewhat different on the Qashqai and I've never had this problem. FWIW mine is a 2012 plate.
dbm2006
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by dbm2006 »

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Yes I took the car to halford garage and it was the rear break pads ad discs. problem sorted. Thanks once again