Stem Valves

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
JMCELROY
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by JMCELROY »

Hi there

Can anyone tell me the best place to buy a stem valve for my Nissan Qashqai 2014, currently I have 2 that are leaking (diagnosed by a national tyre centre) and it is driving me mad as I need to inflate my tyres every other day. I have gone to a Nissan and they are quoting me £55 for the stem valve to buy (not fit), I contacted another garage and they have said I can only get them from Nissan. Is there anywhere else I can get one as I know someone who will fit them for me.

Thank you in advance

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Any tyre centre should have them, they don’t have to be Nissan ones. You should get them a little cheaper, though 55quid is not unreasonable.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

cant you just replace the inner valve? or if its the unit, just replace an o-ring ?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

As gvmdaddy mentioned £55 is not bad from Nissan. These things are advertised everywhere as a Unit or as Daewar mentioned as Spare part items. Here are a couple of ideas which might help you - Dave :D

https://www.tpmscentre.co.uk/

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Genuine-Nissan ... 4017010285
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

If they have tpms valves, go to Kwik Fit, got mine done, they have repair kits that have all the seals to repair them, cost about £10 - £15 a wheel fitted! Hope that helps!