Tekna tyres

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Bodford

Post by Bodford »

Hi all . I'm just sitting here . Wondering what make of tyres are fitted to what wheel sizes. I've a tekna spec on order. I'm hoping , as and when arrives it's fitted with continental sport contact 5. But I've also seen Bridgestones fitted .
David kilgariff

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

On forums main page we got a technical section one called tyres and wheels lolbut heres your answer or at least an answer[quote="Rob_S"]]Someone may be interested so ...The tyres are Continental ContiEcoContact 5 (215/60 H 17")EU RatingsRolling Resistance : BWet Grip : BNoise: 71dB
[/QUOTE]]
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Dave, we are awaiting our QQ Tekna long wait like most people but I am often our Dealer. I was there last week and took some pics of QQ's and the wheels so here was what was fitted (remember this is a German vechicle but obviously from Sunderland ) :

Bridgestone Dueller H/P Sport 225/45 R19 92W

Does anybody have any ideas what the colored marking is on the Tyre (Red Point) I have seen this on nearly every QQ other colored points also ? It is possibly this is some form of Datum point for the Assembly Process, could somebody please clarify this ? - Thanks Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just another quick input, do not forget there are different tyres sizes for each QQ Product and therefore possibly different Suppliers :
Visia 215/65/R16 .... Acenta 215/60/R17 .... Tekna 225/45/R19.
The Tekna Tyres have a Lower Profile and are Wider - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

I believe the marks are made when the wheels are balanced, mine have a lot of lead weights on them!. A little birdy told me the tyres cost Nissan £5 each so it's a bit mean not to put a spare in!.
phaedra2014-05-04 09:23:41
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
korky

Post by korky »

Ours had Conti's fitted
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I was taking a look around our Dealers Site today and I noticed that on our QQ we have Dunlop Tyres fitted, but from recent visits there were QQ's with Bridgestone and Continental. Is this the same on the UK QQ's. Also after searching for this information there were comments mentioned on Tyres with "Rim Protection" / "Kerbing Rib" as being available, presumably this is a safety option in preference to Alloygators or Rinm RingZ ?? - Dave

Dunlop Sport Maxx RT 225/45 R19 92W
Speed index W: 168 mph/270 km/h

Advantages: Excellent wet grip / Shorter braking distances / Ideal for sporty driving.
Tyre Description : Motorsport grip and braking for a dynamic driving experience :
Exceptional grip on wet and dry, enhanced cornering control, shorter braking at motorway speeds and fuel-efficient design. The SportMaxx RT introduces new technologies derived from motorsport like the adaptive compound to provide a tyre that is a champion in grip and braking. Its grip on dry roads will outclass any rival.
Technology (Features):
Adaptive compound for a "racing' grip and improved braking performances.
Massive outer shoulder block for increased stability and better handling when cornering.
New "power braking' blocks for a shorter braking distance especially at high speed.
Low Weight Construction, for improved Rolling Resistance performances.
Consumer benefits:
Great steering response at high speeds.
Ultimate grip in wet conditions.
Excellent acceleration and braking performance.
Very good control on dry and wet surfaces.
Bridgestone DUELER H/P SPORT 225/45 R19 92W
Speed Index W: 168 mph/270 km/h
The Dueler H/P Sport tyre lives up to the high performance standards of your premium Sport Truck or SUV.
The non-vent design and aggressive look of the sidewall fit the sleek lines of these imposing vehicles. In fact, the Dueler H/P Sport tyre is an Original Equipment choice in the category. Expect the tops in wet performance with a power traction combination of UNI-T technology and high silica content to let you drive with confidence in changing road conditions.

Continental SportContact 5 225/45 R19 92W
Speed Index W: 168 mph/270 km/h
Unlimited driving fun thanks to excellent grip. The new Conti Sport Contact 5 control has never been sportier.With the launch of the ContiSportContacta„? 5, Continental has developed a tyre which is equally suitable for sporty cars + SUVs with sporty driving characteristics. With this new development, the tyre engineers have made significant progress in camparison to the popular predecessor. Excellent road grip and safety when cornering. Reduced fuel consumption and high mileage. This was made possible due to a new compound which focuses on maximum power transmission and provides low rolling resistance whilst driving normally. This rubber compound which carries the name "BlackChilli" uses the various vibrations of the tyre. Highlights:
Safety shorter stopping distance / Performance excellent / Handling / High mileage potential / Environment fuel efficient
FoxyG

Post by FoxyG »

I've just been checking the price and availability of tyres for the Tekna and it initially looks as if there's not a great deal of choice here in the UK from the national tyre dealers.Mine was supplied with Continental Sport Contact 5's fittedA search on the KwikFit site doesn't bring up any results for the 225/45R19 96W spec. Black Circles and Tyre Shopper (national online suppliers) have just Continental SP Cont 5 & Bridgestone Potenza / Infiniti available. National Tyres 'win' the most expensive accolade with a price for the Continental's of £272.20 per tyre!It's interesting that when I enter my registration number into any of the supplier websites; they all correctly identify my car but state that it needs tyres with a load index of 96W, not 92W.The only national franchise supplier I can find that offers the Dunlop Sport Maxx (£256.49) is Hi Q and interestingly with a 92W rating.It's got me confused with the different load ratings and depressed with the prices
July 2014 1.5 DCi Tekna, Pearl Black. Chrome pack,bonnet protector and black Alloy Gators.
Silbo7

Post by Silbo7 »

Great debate, would never have crossed my mind, sorry just dozed off!!Silbo72014-07-29 00:30:27
FoxyG

Post by FoxyG »

Equally great contribution
July 2014 1.5 DCi Tekna, Pearl Black. Chrome pack,bonnet protector and black Alloy Gators.