Tekna tyres

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well firstly I would like to thank Silbo7 for his very worthwhile comments - just what was needed !

FoxyG, I was in the German Web and found the Co. mytyres.co.uk and all these tyres were rated at 92W, but also mentioned was with Rim Protection & Kerbing Rib. The Continental was priced @ 198 / Dunlop @ 197 / Bridgestone @ 182 all in UKP. Incidently I am still awake, hope this Helps Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Not the first place you'd think off: http://www.asdatyres.co.uk/225-45-19
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Kris

Post by Kris »

When I purchased my ASX 3 from new nearly four years ago I had a puncture not long after (just into the area they will not repair) the tyres that where fitted could not be found in the uk and after a long story that will not go into here a substitute was found that then cost £198. Over the next few years the cost went down till the last price was £125. If the QQ tyres are used mainly on this model I suppose there is hope over time and as demand increases then they may drop in price.
1.5 Tekna Pearl White: Alloygators, Mud Flaps, Defender spray to front bumper and bonnet
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, thanks for that information when I lived in the UK 20 + years ago I was at ASDA on a weekly basis but it does look like they have really extended their Product Range - Thanks Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
ShinyAndy

Post by ShinyAndy »

Dunlops over hereWhich I note are supposed to have rim protection, not that I can see anything! They also appear to be available online at 225a‚¬ each which isn't so badShinyAndy2014-07-29 08:35:02
FoxyG

Post by FoxyG »

Very useful info, thanks Gel. ASDA certainly wasn't on my list of potential sites! The garage where I got the AlloyGators fitted, surprisingly, quoted a price for the Continental's of £195. They are just a small two man outfit working from a small unit on a local trading estate.I admit that I often make the mistake of assuming that the big, national suppliers will offer the best prices......not always the case apparently.Next time I'm in ASDA I will check them out....I assume they're in the "Toy" section?
July 2014 1.5 DCi Tekna, Pearl Black. Chrome pack,bonnet protector and black Alloy Gators.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I think it's a sort of own label, and practicalities are run by Halfords, looking at my local fitting address; may be wrong though, as there's a couple of tyre companies at this address.Surprisingly Halfords are competitive too, even more so if you visit them via someone like Top Cashback where you'll earn 5.25%, I recall on Tyre purchases.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

I think I will be driving my Tekna very sedately. Apologies in advance to anyone behind me when I go around corners.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
FoxyG

Post by FoxyG »

[quote="Stevethegreatgolfer"]I think I will be driving my Tekna very sedately. Apologies in advance to anyone behind me when I go around corners.[/QUOTE]Steve, given the length of time you have patiently waited for your new QQ I wouldn't be surprised if it spent the first couple of weeks after delivery,just sat outside you house while you went through the process of what psychiatrists call the "acceptance phase"
July 2014 1.5 DCi Tekna, Pearl Black. Chrome pack,bonnet protector and black Alloy Gators.
Crayven

Post by Crayven »

What kind of mileage are you guys on?
I'm driving a QQ 1.5 tekna with continentals on, just done about 6000 miles and the fronts are almost down to the low marker rubber blocks!?

Mainly used for around town local driving.