Annoying windy whistling noise from window area for in new J11B

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
skirk1983
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by skirk1983 »

Hi

In my J11B Tekna + facelift from 2017 I can hear a windy whistling from the front door in the driver side. It comes from the window in the middle top. It sounds the loudest when I drive between 60-80 km/h.

It seems that the window does not close completely. It's not a loud noise, but once you've got an ear for it, it's very annoying 😞

My mechanic could hear it weak, but do not think he can correct the problem. Our old Qashqai from 2014 did not have this problem. But I’ll know there were a similar issue on older models, but also in the new facelift?

But have other owners of the new facelift observed the same? Didn’t the J11 have a similar problem that could be fixed under warranty?

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

If the window is not going up to the top, then there is a reset procedure you can do. I read how to do it in this forum. Search should be your friend :)
skirk1983 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:02 am Hi

In my J11B Tekna + facelift from 2017 I can hear a windy whistling from the front door in the driver side. It comes from the window in the middle top. It sounds the loudest when I drive between 60-80 km/h.

It seems that the window does not close completely. It's not a loud noise, but once you've got an ear for it, it's very annoying 😞

My mechanic could hear it weak, but do not think he can correct the problem. Our old Qashqai from 2014 did not have this problem. But I’ll know there were a similar issue on older models, but also in the new facelift?

But have other owners of the new facelift observed the same? Didn’t the J11 have a similar problem that could be fixed under warranty?