Michelin Acorus Alloy Wheels

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just read up on this which was posted today in the Motoring Press which I found intersting, now whether this will prevent the Famous "Kerbing" Problem I am not sure, take a look - Dave :D

The patented new technology, developed by Michelin and Maxion Wheels for the passenger car wheel market, incorporates two flexible rubber flanges mounted on a special wheel body to create a flexible wheel that improves the ride and comfort and also absorbs impacts from potholes and curbs. The new wheel is compatible with all tires on the market and comprises an alloy rim – which is narrower than normal, two rubber flanges and an optional cosmetic insert to protect the alloy wheel.
In addition to damage reduction, safety and improved mobility, the Maxion Flexible Wheel with MICHELIN ACORUS Technology has other benefits for the driver. It helps overcome other shortcomings associated with low profile tires with short sidewalls – comfort and noise levels are both improved due to the flexible rubber flange which sits between the wheel and the tire. There is also an environmental benefit in using MICHELIN ACORUS Technology; the Flexible Wheel is designed to work with any brand of tire, including low rolling resistance tires – meaning lower CO2 emissions and better fuel economy. The innovative wheel solution also means fewer damaged tires and wheels are being thrown away following pothole damage.

MaxionFlexibleWheel.jpg

Maxion-Flexible-Wheel_Cutaway-Series.jpg

Maxion-Flexible-Wheel_Exploded-View.jpg

http://www.maxionwheels.com/News/421/MA ... ology.aspx

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... Innovation

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I don’t see it helping to prevent damage due to pot holes either.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Or, how about we have roads that dont have potholes. Its the same of thing realy. Prevention or Cure?

DaveBerlin wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:55 am Just read up on this which was posted today in the Motoring Press which I found intersting, now whether this will prevent the Famous "Kerbing" Problem I am not sure, take a look - Dave :D

The patented new technology, developed by Michelin and Maxion Wheels for the passenger car wheel market, incorporates two flexible rubber flanges mounted on a special wheel body to create a flexible wheel that improves the ride and comfort and also absorbs impacts from potholes and curbs. The new wheel is compatible with all tires on the market and comprises an alloy rim – which is narrower than normal, two rubber flanges and an optional cosmetic insert to protect the alloy wheel.
In addition to damage reduction, safety and improved mobility, the Maxion Flexible Wheel with MICHELIN ACORUS Technology has other benefits for the driver. It helps overcome other shortcomings associated with low profile tires with short sidewalls – comfort and noise levels are both improved due to the flexible rubber flange which sits between the wheel and the tire. There is also an environmental benefit in using MICHELIN ACORUS Technology; the Flexible Wheel is designed to work with any brand of tire, including low rolling resistance tires – meaning lower CO2 emissions and better fuel economy. The innovative wheel solution also means fewer damaged tires and wheels are being thrown away following pothole damage.

MaxionFlexibleWheel.jpg

Maxion-Flexible-Wheel_Cutaway-Series.jpg

Maxion-Flexible-Wheel_Exploded-View.jpg

http://www.maxionwheels.com/News/421/MA ... ology.aspx

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... Innovation

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

With this post I was trying to inform members on what is new and possibly unknown and to some interesting, but as usual the critism is there which is normal. Yes roads should not have Pot Holes but then this is not only a UK problem it is world wide.
I cannot see that two Major Companies for Tyres Michelin & for Wheels Maxion (world’s largest) are going to pour money down the drain Researching and Developing this type of Product and then launching it to the Market. So to me there must be some benefit, cost is another question - End Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Interesting design but I can't see that it'll prevent damage from parking too close to the kerb - you'll just damage the plastic bit rather than the alloy bit. I could certainly see it might improve road comfort though.

( p.s. Ignis has 16" wheels - more comfortable than my Takna's 19" ones )
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

The other option of course is Rim Protector Tyres as all the Plastic Protectors such as Alloygators, Rim Blades can cause the dreaded “White Worm” (there are Posts on this) on your Alloys - Dave :)

6F210A89-619C-4730-BF55-F33155BBCD77.jpeg

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Dave,

No negative criticism, its great that your posting this interesting stuff.

If tyres were more than a rubber band wrapped around the wheel there would be more substance to absorb the impact, this is my idea of a good wheel, you wont damage these bad boys in a pot hole :)

DaveBerlin wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:00 am With this post I was trying to inform members on what is new and possibly unknown and to some interesting, but as usual the critism is there which is normal. Yes roads should not have Pot Holes but then this is not only a UK problem it is world wide.
I cannot see that two Major Companies for Tyres Michelin & for Wheels Maxion (world’s largest) are going to pour money down the drain Researching and Developing this type of Product and then launching it to the Market. So to me there must be some benefit, cost is another question - End Dave
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Daewar, absolutely correct that is where I got that attachment from a US Tyre Dealer. This sorts the Men out from the Boys, Big is Beautiful. The B in L has just bought a new Dodge Ram it’s Big ! - Dave :lol:

86AE3963-45C1-4F7A-88DA-CDDFB4FBDA08.jpeg

3F8E63CA-C680-4683-ACFE-AAF6095BEBF4.jpeg