All terrain tires

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
KYRGYZ
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by KYRGYZ »

I'm planning to lift my rogue sport (qashqai j11) for another 30-35mm using strut spacers (√) and maybe additionally use eibach pro lift springs...
also I already have 17x8 et40 wheels from my civic which I'm going to reuse...
it comes to a tire choice...
thinking about 225/60 R17 wondering if anyone ever did anything similar ?
Not trying to achieve anything similar to subaru owners, just mild lift and better look and comfort
https://lpaventure.com/blogs/projects-c ... /subaru-xv

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

You will put the front drive shafts out of alignment, so you will get premature wear, how much I have no idea. You will have more chance to roll the car when doing extream maneuvers due to the increase CofG. Your insurance company will need informing you now have a modified car.

All these things may make very little differance, just stuff to be aware of.
KYRGYZ wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:13 am I'm planning to lift my rogue sport (qashqai j11) for another 30-35mm using strut spacers (√) and maybe additionally use eibach pro lift springs...
also I already have 17x8 et40 wheels from my civic which I'm going to reuse...
it comes to a tire choice...
thinking about 225/60 R17 wondering if anyone ever did anything similar ?
Not trying to achieve anything similar to subaru owners, just mild lift and better look and comfort
https://lpaventure.com/blogs/projects-c ... /subaru-xv
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Daewar, I tend to agree with your comments for the UK regarding these sort of modifications or as in our case Germany, that the Laws regarding this type of mod and also Insurance Issues are more stringent. For the US it appears also anything goes and this is just an example of a Jacked Up Truck which technically was very nicely done.
It will be interesting how the planned mods turn out on the QQ Sport - Dave :D

4BC71F02-D2F2-4EAA-94CB-3679E7EA3A57.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken