J11 car jack

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

As our cars lack spare tire (J11) Nissan has found it appropiate not to place a spare tire but an inflation bottle.

I want to buy a car jack but not sure which one to get. Do you have any information on how high the car needs to be lifted to be able to change the tire ?
We beg for trouble, we get trouble.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Most 2 ton capacity jacks will do to easily access tyres.
Lidl have them from time to time.
eg
https://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools ... gLAMvD_BwE

You could do with updating your forum profile to show your location, as your spelling of tyre
indicates you are perhaps not UK based :?:
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Gel wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:52 pm Most 2 ton capacity jacks will do to easily access tyres.
Lidl have them from time to time.
eg
https://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools ... gLAMvD_BwE

You could do with updating your forum profile to show your location, as your spelling of tyre
indicates you are perhaps not UK based :?:
Thanks for the information. The last jack I tried to use, it actually didn't lift the car high enough. So I am wondering if anyone has idea on which to choose. (Last one I tried was a 2 ton model).
trout
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by trout »

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Wiseguy, just a Tip when we got our 14 QQ we had a Spare Wheel Kit made up by our Dealer and we Managed to obtain a new Nissan Jack from a Written Off vehicle - Dave 😉

54476CB5-1B7E-47AB-BBCE-15590491868B.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Thank you all for the support. I happened to get this one as I could not find one like one DaveBerlin advised.

It generally fits under 181 mm clearance and lifts up to 345 mm max.

Worse of all is, as the temperatures just hit around -4C I have to change all four tires in the cold...brrr...

trout

Post by trout »

What difference was there to the one on eBay to Daves?
S.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Wiseguy, just got back from Florida 35C and your talking about -4C Burrrrr in Finland. We got home last night and the neighbour was parked changing his wheels (trying - seized bolt) across the road. I have been using our Nissan Dealer to change and store our wheels for many years now which is very convenient no lugging 19“ wheels in the garage or cellar. Changing, Re-installing, Washing, Checking, Light Test, TPMS Check - Cost 6 Months ago €79 which OK is not cheap but quick and efficient, I need now a new Termin for our Winter Wheels - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken