Shock absorber leaking

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Davison2018
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Davison2018 »

Hi was just wondering if anyone has come across the same problem I have a 2016 Nissan qashqai n tec + dci cvt and I’ve only had it since January 2018 and it has since been serviced by Chorley Nissan a few months ago. Today I went to get new tyres and they told me that the drivers rear shock absorber was leaking really bad and it’s happened over time. As the car is partically brand new and 23,000 miles he ruled out anything I would have done plus I don’t go over speed bumps or off road. I’m a safe driver so I know myself I haven’t done anything. He was leaning more towards it being a faulty part and I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same. I’ve checked online for any recalls but haven’t come across anything as of yet I will however speak directly to Chorley again as it’s a lot of money there’s no way it should be leaking. If anyone could give me some advise that be great thanks

gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Is it not considered a warranty item?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Davison2018

Post by Davison2018 »

See I have no idea as it doesn’t state in the manual I am going to ring tomorrow and hoping so but they always try get out of it
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I have not noticed this on my QQ that has now covered 30k miles. Will be taking a quick look some time now, thanks.
Davison2018 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:22 pm Hi was just wondering if anyone has come across the same problem I have a 2016 Nissan qashqai n tec + dci cvt and I’ve only had it since January 2018 and it has since been serviced by Chorley Nissan a few months ago. Today I went to get new tyres and they told me that the drivers rear shock absorber was leaking really bad and it’s happened over time. As the car is partically brand new and 23,000 miles he ruled out anything I would have done plus I don’t go over speed bumps or off road. I’m a safe driver so I know myself I haven’t done anything. He was leaning more towards it being a faulty part and I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same. I’ve checked online for any recalls but haven’t come across anything as of yet I will however speak directly to Chorley again as it’s a lot of money there’s no way it should be leaking. If anyone could give me some advise that be great thanks
Davison2018

Post by Davison2018 »

I’ve rang Nissan Chorley doing to drop it off for them too look at they said it should be under warranty as not 3 years old yet. Although I wasn’t happy as he said these things happen but it shouldn’t be happening on a new car surely my mechanic even said so?
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Every component ever made will have a failure rate, nothing is perfect. You may have got the 1 in a million faulty shock absorber. Don't fret over it, let the Nissan guys take a look and replace it.
Davison2018 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:19 pm I’ve rang Nissan Chorley doing to drop it off for them too look at they said it should be under warranty as not 3 years old yet. Although I wasn’t happy as he said these things happen but it shouldn’t be happening on a new car surely my mechanic even said so?