New Tyres

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

J0nnyb0i wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:23 am
gloucester wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:23 pm Correction - they're both wrong - here's the budget one:
Are you sure they're wrong? What in particular is wrong with them if I can ask? I don't want to end up buying tyres not meant for my vehicle
If you'd read what I originally posted I said: "A bit suspicious - two have the same picture against them".

i.e. the picture of the tyre in the listing above is NOT the one they're citing - in at least two cases.

It's a poor service if they can't even show the correct tyre tread pattern against each entry.

Potentially nothing wrong with the tyres of course.

I bought Dunlop Sport Maxx for mine - and whilst they were fine in normal driving their performance on snow was next to useless - worse tyres I've had in that respect. I suspect the circumferential bands on the tread pattern.

On previous cars I've had Toyo Proxes with a completely different tread pattern and they were much better on snow.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)

J0nnyb0i

Post by J0nnyb0i »

gloucester wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:44 pm
J0nnyb0i wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:23 am
gloucester wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:23 pm Correction - they're both wrong - here's the budget one:
Are you sure they're wrong? What in particular is wrong with them if I can ask? I don't want to end up buying tyres not meant for my vehicle
If you'd read what I originally posted I said: "A bit suspicious - two have the same picture against them".

i.e. the picture of the tyre in the listing above is NOT the one they're citing - in at least two cases.

It's a poor service if they can't even show the correct tyre tread pattern against each entry.

Potentially nothing wrong with the tyres of course.

I bought Dunlop Sport Maxx for mine - and whilst they were fine in normal driving their performance on snow was next to useless - worse tyres I've had in that respect. I suspect the circumferential bands on the tread pattern.

On previous cars I've had Toyo Proxes with a completely different tread pattern and they were much better on snow.
Ah, my bad. I didn't actually see that!
ABliss

Post by ABliss »

Michelin crossclimate plus, just had them fitted and really great for this time of year.

Have a read about them, and a couple of people i work with, can vouch for them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

sbrace06
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by sbrace06 »

Just ordered some vredestein wintrac pro which will go on this week. First in recent autobild winter test
sbrace06
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by sbrace06 »

Got michelin ps4 for summer which will go back on April ish. I have to drive no matter what weather hence getting winter tyres . The vredestein were from camskill.