Oops Alloy scuff

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Kris

Post by Kris »

Following on from DaveBerlin, I put on the Alloygatotrs forum that the manufacturer of Alloygators do not recommend them for diamond cut wheels, then say many use them without problem, jonceebee is one who is using them and very happy with them. I have emailed Rimringz asking the same question and awaiting there answer, when I get it I will post it.
1.5 Tekna Pearl White: Alloygators, Mud Flaps, Defender spray to front bumper and bonnet

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Kris, I will look forward to the comments from Rim RingZ as that is what we are after. It is great to get feed back on any subject but there are always the Pros & Cons (just like with the QQ comments +/_) and in the end you have to Take the Bull by the Horns and make your own decision - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

was a bit more towards for Rim Ringz as they seem to be fit way easier, but then I found negative comments on amazon uk as well as amazon de so my worries may be true. For sure almost everyone can fit them by their own, but on the other hand they may be getting loose especially on higher speeds.For winter tires I am thinking about getting model with rim protection built in already. It's a pity that Continental does not have it by default.
1.6 dCi 2WD manual Tekna Bronze with Thermaclear, Illuminated sidebars, Chrome premium pack, Chrome mirror covers, Chrome door sill strips

Ordered 2nd May, delivered 20th Nov. :)
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Rim Ringz don't seem to be good at communicating. I have now asked twice, via their website, for details of a local fitter without reply. So AlloyGators it will be, sometime next week if I can organise myself.Would have been of interest to have seen a photo of the 'pants' Gators - fitting them is hardly an excuse not to bother about bashing the wheels in nearby kerbs.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
john w

Post by john w »

Had the alloygators fitted an hour after picking car up last week in my opinion they realy make the car stand out as for how good they are at protecting the wheel time will tell I supose
john w

Post by john w »

jukester46

Post by jukester46 »

[quote="PeterL"] Rim Ringz don't seem to be good at communicating. I have now asked twice, via their website,A  for details of a local fitter without reply. So AlloyGators it will be, sometime next week if I can organise myself.

Would have been of interest to have seen a photo of the 'pants' Gators - fitting them is hardly an excuse not to bother about bashing the wheels in nearby kerbs.
[/QUOTE] I was just expressing my personal opinion on the Gators and informing members that Diamond cut Wheels Can be repaired despite what Some wheel companies say which, I believe is usefull information for members who prefer a no modded look!. I think AlloyGators have had enough coverage in the forum and was not my intention to start another debate.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

I guess that's the nature of a forum, there certainly wasn't any intention to dispute what you said or did for that matter. At least you saw them looking 'pants' I just wondered if that was down to the particular guy being careless in the extreme? It's reassuring to hear that a repair was possible for a reasonable price and especially so as I have still to get anything fitted!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

[quote="john w"]Had the alloygators fitted an hour after picking car up last week in my opinion they realy make the car stand out as for how good they are at protecting the wheel time will tell I supose[/QUOTE]
Personally I like the looking of this combo. They look amazing good on stormy white as well as on pearl white. Definitely they do not look cheap, which most of the people say about look of the Rim Ringz. Kinda now tempted towards alloygators, but on Bronze model I am thinking about getting something less visible. I wish that someone could post picture of gray gators on Tekna wheels.
1.6 dCi 2WD manual Tekna Bronze with Thermaclear, Illuminated sidebars, Chrome premium pack, Chrome mirror covers, Chrome door sill strips

Ordered 2nd May, delivered 20th Nov. :)
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Very interesting: perhaps one of those running the forum could contact Alloygator as discounts may be available for clubs??http://www.alloygator.co.uk/contact.aspas detailed on this page.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D