Tyre recommendation

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

It was aways the case that new tyres were fitted to the rear wheels, mainly because with greater grip at the front the back could easily step out and you end up spinning with front or rear wheel drive. But, I know no one who would drive to the limit of the tyres especially in todays traffic :D
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.

SommerGirl
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by SommerGirl »

I just had four of these fitted to replace the Yokohama Geolander G055's that came on the car. Horrible tire (in my opinion) for wet/snow/ice. Not enough traction to get out of their own way. The ones I picked were the Falken WildPeak A/T off/on-road tire. They look like a snow tire but perform like a road tire in other than snowy conditions. We've had a ton of snow over the past few days and I really like these. They really drive through the muck, slush, wet. The road noise is hardly noticeable - we went out to the mall today and were on the highway doing 75 MPH and I couldn't hear the tires at all.

[url]https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Falken&tireModel=WildPeak+A%2FT+Trail&partnum=165HR6WPATTXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes[/url]

Here's what they look like

Falken_Wildpeak_AT_Trail_Side.jpg

Live, Love, Laugh, Drive!