Locking wheel nuts on Tekna?

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, tried polishing my Nuts they now look awesome !
So I sent an email to NCS Germany asking about the Locking Wheel Nuts situation in Germany and I received the following reply after 1 week (at least they replied which is positive) - Dave :

"In many NISSAN vehicles there is a number of specifications which are available or not available for a certain market region (despite the same production line). In such cases, the product managers in the different market regions have a certain amount of leeway in their decision-making according to (typical) market needs. That is why the NISSAN QASHQAI Tekna in the UK is supplied with Locking Wheel Nuts (AbschlieAYbare Radbolzen #KE409-89946) but in Germany they are not supplied as standard".
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

are they standard on other vehicles there?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, that is a good question but I cannot really answer it as I do not know. All I know is that when you buy for example a German Car here (MB / Audi / BMW) normally the Basic price is stated and then comes the expensive Extras + + +, but I think this is the tendency these days with other manufacturers also.
When you look at the Technology & Extras that are installed in the QQ Tekna as a Std to me this makes it a bargain and this is no doubt the reason why Nissan have so many orders for it - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

Sorry for reviving this thread. I have purchased the genuine locking wheel nuts from Nissan, but after installation I noticed that they are a little wider size that the original nuts..That is not a problem for wheel itself, but the original black nut cover does not fit on the locking nut, and having just 4 out of 5 nuts covered with black covers seems a bit odd.Is there a separate wheel nut cover for locking nut in UK version of the car?
1.6 dCi 2WD manual Tekna Bronze with Thermaclear, Illuminated sidebars, Chrome premium pack, Chrome mirror covers, Chrome door sill strips

Ordered 2nd May, delivered 20th Nov. :)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

th0mpson, I have checked our Tekna and taken a few pics but I believe that there is no Wheel Nut Cover for the Locking Wheel Nut because it has that special Socket Form with an internal Shaped Key for the Socket Wrench. Here is what I have :
Std Wheel Bolt 17mm A/F with a Chromed Plastic Cap

This is the Nissan Socket Wrench with a 17mm A/F Size for the Locking Wheel Nut

This is the Internal Form of the Socket Wrench for the Locking Wheel Nut

This is the Wheel Nut on the Steel Winter Wheel with NO Flats as you need the Special Wrench. This is the Security Part of the Locking Wheel Nut. This Form on the Wheel Nut has to match the Special Socket Wrench which has a 17mm A/F End (as pic above)

If you are installing Wheel Nuts on Alloy Wheels it is recommended to use this special tool to prevent internal damage of the wheel holes.

I hope this is of some help ! - Dave
th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

It helps indeed, thank you. My Tekna came with black wheel nut covers, so the locking wheel nut (silver) is more visible when used.I did some research and most of the nut caps sold on internet are 17mm or 19mm diameter,which is not enough.However I was able to find one cap designed especially for Skoda locking nuts. I have asked the supplier and he said that diameter is 22mm.Not sure whether it will fit.Here is the page translated via google translate for convenience.https://translate.google.com/translate? ... t=&act=url
1.6 dCi 2WD manual Tekna Bronze with Thermaclear, Illuminated sidebars, Chrome premium pack, Chrome mirror covers, Chrome door sill strips

th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

I ordered nut covers from ebay and they did the job, now the locking nut is hidden and protected from dirt.They will look even better on Tekna wheels, since they are black/silver.Close photo:https://s3.amazonaws.com/pushbullet-upl ... 154018.jpg

ebe163

Post by ebe163 »

Hi Th0mps0n,Do you have the details of the covers you orderd from ebay, I'm trying to source a cover for the locking nuts as well. Not too bothered with colour as they can always be painted thx
2015 1.6 DIG-T 163 QQ Tekna Pearl White /Premium Pack Chrome /Style Pack Chrome/Cross Over Pack Front & Rear in Pearlescent White/Mirrors Chromed/Bonnet Struts/Wind Deflector Set/Illuminated Side Styling Bars
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

I have just received my new QQ last Friday and it does not have wheel locking nuts as standard.Today I went around some speed shops to find some that were suitable for a QQ and they don't stock any. Called into our tyre centre in Ringwood called Bob Jane tyres and they sourced some for me. Pick them up on Monday. Hope they fit ok. Peter
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

My QQ in OZ does not have as standard Locking nuts or Bolts as they should be called. Today I ordered a set for my QQ and should have them on Monday [Hopefully"]] Did you enjoy your trip Dave ? Peter
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum