Phone can’t dial out from voice button

ICE, Equipment, Options
Gregvaldos
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Gregvaldos »

DAEWAR dude that’s way below the belt.

I’m in same type position with own car. I can’t pull over the westgate and call in my current work load it is against the law and crash thing to do. I can’t detour of to a side rd to make a call cause I get another toll cost. It is already very expensive for one way tolls.

your comment here utterly rude and critical and not it helpful. The comment has upset me great.

I making effort to report this link for online cyberbullying by you. You need some manners an decent respect
Greg

Rob
Site Admin
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Rob »

**** Can we all refrain from personal insults and swearing on the forum please. ****
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I understand the frustration of thise unable to use the handsfree function and I also tend to agree with the comments made by others in return. As usual, its not the content of the response that offends people, its more likely the way its been said. I can see no reason why a car cannot be used because of this particular issue, but that does not mean that the problem with the issue is mad, broken, unreasonable or anything else.
I know its very difficult at the best of times getting information out of Nissan, but has anyone actually considered the fact that the way the handsfree is now, ie inoperable, is actually the way its been set up to be to comply with certain laws in particular countries? I understand the law regarding using a mobile in a vehicle over in Australia has changed recently. Can anyone provide the full and correct details in a link to this new law?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gvmdaddy, I posted this attachment recently on this post was this not enough, OK was only EU Laws though - Dave ;)

Sorry I am no prude but the comments today are IMHO not on :oops:

https://www.germanautolabs.com/blog/mob ... -in-europe
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Think you may have misunderstood me Dave, as I meant that comments should have been less personal.
There is no place on here to be offensive to others, as has been the case in the latter part of this particular post.
I did see the link you posted but as you say it’s only U.K./European. We could do with having access to the new Australian laws to help clear this up.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Ironically Google Down Under's start page is promoting a Google hands free product ;)

Google AU.JPG

See this link on their laws:
http://roadsafety.transport.nsw.gov.au/ ... rules.html

+ this on GPS devices not built in

https://www.raa.com.au/motoring-and-roa ... hange-faqs
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Devilrex
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Devilrex »

It’s not so much the handsfree law that is the biggest deal but the latest law that they made active and this is a driver distraction law.
I had talk with highway patrol to ask them what is the law with using my screen to make a call, the handsfree law does not stop anyone doing this but the driver distraction law will stop you as the driver is distracted from driving and focused on playing with the screen.
https://rsc.wa.gov.au/Your-Safety/Safet ... stractions
I’m happy to share this link here but I won’t be providing anymore updates on my car process as it clearly brings out the nasty in some. I never joined this forum to be attacked, belittled and bullied by people I don’t know, I joined as, I purchased what Austrian laws call ‘a lemon’ and discovered on googling I was not alone.

At no point did I say my car was not drivable, I do however need my car to make a lot of handsfree calls (one of the main reasons I purchased it)
the safest quickest and legal way for me to do this is use either my partners car or my friends car.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions I have received so far and good luck to all others with the same issue.
Farewell
Galriad

Post by Galriad »

Hi, I have just swapped from a 2014 Tekna to a 2018 Tekna and I was able to use the Siri application on my iPhone in my old qq. Just tried to use it in the new one and it doesn’t wake up Siri. My wife has a 2015 Juke Tekna and can call up Siri using button on the steering wheel. Sounds like I am in for a fight when I go in to the dealer tomorrow. Any help would be welcome.
Second QQ J11b 1.5 Tekna in Magnetic Red.
Galriad

Post by Galriad »

I’ve just been looking at the owners manual for the J11 and if you have the phone icon with a face talking to it the hand book say “start an active voice session with a device by pressing it for more than 2 seconds”. Sounds pretty categoric to me...
Second QQ J11b 1.5 Tekna in Magnetic Red.
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Galriad wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:35 pm I’ve just been looking at the owners manual for the J11 and if you have the phone icon with a face talking to it the hand book say “start an active voice session with a device by pressing it for more than 2 seconds”. Sounds pretty categoric to me...

Not excatly the same problem but the principal is the same, Mercedes advertised their seats as leather but they are made of some synthetic panels

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hetic.html

A lawyer said Mercedes could face claims from disgruntled customers. Chris Waters, Partner at Meaby & Co Solicitors said: ‘If Mercedes-Benz has misrepresented that the Mercedes E Class SE comes with Leather seats and it transpires that the seats are not leather or compromise substantially of a synthetic product and customers relied upon those representations when deciding to purchase a vehicle, then Mercedes may be the subject of claims against it.’

Following the lab tests by the Leather Technology Centre in Northampton the businessman has since had a full refund and has bought an Audi A7 – with real leather seats – instead
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.