EML code P242F - DPF

ICE, Equipment, Options
nrogerson2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by nrogerson2019 »

Hi there, wonder if any of you answer a couple of question for me. I have a QQ 1.6 dci on a 62 plate, about a couple of months ago I was driving along and my cruise control stopped working. Whenever I pressed the cruise control button 'Set' would flash but nothing else (the rest was blank). Anyways, as it was just cruise control I wasn't too bothered if I'm honest.. but then about 3 weeks ago, the traction control light illuminated on dash, along with the ESP light indicating that both these had been disabled. Then about 3 days ago, got STOP / START system error.. then yesterday the EML light came on. The car didn't go into limp mode or anything like that.

So when I got home I connected my OB2 reader and the only code was P242F which I think is the DPF? So reading up on this forum, a few people have suggested that you can clear it by driving in a certain way for a period of time. So I went out on the M62 last night and drove about 55mph in 4th, so about 2.2k revs but there was road works so only managed about 15mins continuous driving before having to slow down.

Anyways.. the car seemed to be improving.. it has been a bit 'jerky' of late but I could definitely feel an improvement. When I got back home I cleared the P242F code and when I started the car.. the EML stayed off, BUT all the other issues had also disappeared. Cruise controls back, stop/start error gone and its now working again. Traction control and ESP lights out.. its literally appears to be back to normal.

Do you think I will have cleaned the DPF if only driving for 15 mins?.. the car seems to be running better.. but do all cars with a DPF have DPF regeneration?. or should I expect EML to come back on soon?

Thanks

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Well done!

Wouldn't harm to do it again?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Kiam

Post by Kiam »

Hi, I am on this forum as I have experienced the exact same scenario. I have the 1.6 PureDrive on 12 plate.

Did the same and got it cleared but it came back within weeks? I had the DPF taken off and cleaned only 10 months ago which was very expensive but seems it get blocked pretty quickly or I got robbed and it wasn't cleaned properly.

I'm actually looking at maybe proactively monitoring the soot and ash levels. Then based on these readings take it for a motorway drive before it gets fully blocked I installed CarScanner (Play Store) but looks like to monitor soot level custom PID's need to be added which I can not find.
cornel108
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by cornel108 »

PID,S DPF

Screenshot_20200106-220307.jpg