Satnav speed cameras

ICE, Equipment, Options
Den123
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Den123 »

Can this be made as a sticky for the future so all on here can use it thank you

chosan

Post by chosan »

Den123 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:39 pm Thanks mate I have a usb stick do I just transfer the data to the usb stick not done anything like this before thank you for your help
Format your stick with FAT32. Create the folders according to the instruction. Copy the downloaded files according to the instruction. Insert the stick in your car USB connector and follow the instruction.
Den123

Post by Den123 »

HOW DO I DO A SUB FOLDER mate sorry about caps on
Lusky
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Lusky »

I've just downloaded the CSV files and successfully transferred them to the SatNav, they show in my POI. I have all the warnings set to beep etc. Will it warn me for all cameras that show on my map or is it specific to only the ones listed in the CSV files? Just a little unsure how it works or exactly what data is held in the CSV files themselves?
2015 QASHQAI N-TEC + DIG-T 5 DOOR HATCHBACK PETROL. BLUE.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

The contents of the CSV file is a list of Lat/Long co-ordinate pairs. Pairs that relate to specific points on a map. You could copy a pair and place them in Google maps for instance. You can add your own as I do where mobile cameras have not been listed.

Each pair will cause a beep from the Nav system and dependant on the distance you pre-select before the beep (alarm) is required. Check the POI settings menu for that. Think I have mine at 600mtrs?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Lusky

Post by Lusky »

Hi calnorth,
There were 120 CSV files, so I need to hope that these contain the majority of camerasand if not I simply add a new CSV using coordinates relating to any that aren't already in the files. Its very long winded isn't it. Why can't it just be as simple as it beeps as standard when approaching one after all the sat nav knows its there as it shows the icon. It also lets you know when there is a nasty bend coming up etc.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Lusky wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:10 am Hi calnorth,
There were 120 CSV files, so I need to hope that these contain the majority of camerasand if not I simply add a new CSV using coordinates relating to any that aren't already in the files. Its very long winded isn't it. Why can't it just be as simple as it beeps as standard when approaching one after all the sat nav knows its there as it shows the icon. It also lets you know when there is a nasty bend coming up etc.
Hi Lusky

Think you mean 120 entries in one CSV file. You could have more than one CSV file...say 2 or 3 for general waypoints which is what the speed CSV file is really. They can be edited with Microsoft Excel or similar. It is fairly long winded but all GPS/Sat Nav with CSV files is much the same process.

Everything depends where the CSV file came from and how old. Not all Cams will be present and no doubt some duplicates,....duplicates in that they are nearly the same coordinates which may cause a couple or more beeps in the vicinity.

The GPS/Sat Nav will only show as it nears the CSV coordinates. Depending how old your QQ is there is a Nissan file stuck in the GPS that kinda ding dongs on corners I note...far too late though. That Nissan file is stuck there...cannot be removed until Nissan wakes up.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Lusky

Post by Lusky »

Hi calnorth here is the link to the page i downloaded the CSV files from https://free-speed-cam-updates.web2diz.net/download/
Clicking on the nissan connect link down the page downloads 120 CSV files.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Lusky wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:33 am Hi calnorth here is the link to the page i downloaded the CSV files from https://free-speed-cam-updates.web2diz.net/download/
Clicking on the nissan connect link down the page downloads 120 CSV files.
oh..ok:

Thats for Europe and likely not France. This stuff is illegal in France.

If your not going to Europe you can delete most of the CSV files except GB. And the GB ones can all be combined into 1 CSV file named MyPOIs or something similar.

Thats a free site which may not contain current coordinates. The most current stuff is as link which requires subscription in the region of £15 pa

https://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras

Depends what you want to do with this...nothing is guaranteed.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
David56

Post by David56 »

Just stick to the speed limit, no problem then!!!
Qashqai 1.3 auto 160bhp Tekna plus in Vivid Blue.
Now gone after 10 months from new.