Ac unit does not goes on at restart

ICE, Equipment, Options
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Points of interest? If a Control Comm fault exists for more than 30secs the previous operating state will be used....whatever that may have been?

AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM : Fail-safe

FAIL-SAFE FUNCTION
If a communication error exists between the A/C auto amp. and A/C control for 30 seconds or longer, air conditioning is controlled under the following conditions: A/C auto amp. is controlled in the setting state before the communication error occurs for following setting.
• Set temperature
• Air outlet
• Blower fan speed
• Air inlet
• A/C switch (if this had been OFF then memory contains A/C Switch OFF...?????)

B24B4 A/C CONTROL DTC Logic

DTC DETECTION LOGIC
CONSULT screen terms (Trouble diagnosis content)
DTC No.B24B4 = An internal circuit error message is received from A/C control via LIN communication for 30 seconds or more.

A/C CONTROL
(Air conditioning control)
DTC detection condition
[GENERAL ELEC MALFUNCTN]

An internal circuit error message is received from A/C control via LIN communication for 30 seconds or more.

POSSIBLE CAUSE
A/C control (Internal circuit malfunction)
FAIL-SAFE
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

I have had problems with my air con, thought it was intermittent, but I did notice that the air con will stay on when the cabin recycle is on. If I switch to outside air, the air con went off. I, being lazy, have not read the manual yet to see if it is wrong or not. :D
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
Frank_j11

Post by Frank_j11 »

That damn thing is driving me Crazy...., I have been to the bosch car service and they told me that they just fitted new sensor and then errors scan and reset.....
Frank_j11

Post by Frank_j11 »

calnorth wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:08 am Points of interest? If a Control Comm fault exists for more than 30secs the previous operating state will be used....whatever that may have been?

AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM : Fail-safe

FAIL-SAFE FUNCTION
If a communication error exists between the A/C auto amp. and A/C control for 30 seconds or longer, air conditioning is controlled under the following conditions: A/C auto amp. is controlled in the setting state before the communication error occurs for following setting.
• Set temperature
• Air outlet
• Blower fan speed
• Air inlet
• A/C switch (if this had been OFF then memory contains A/C Switch OFF...?????)

B24B4 A/C CONTROL DTC Logic

DTC DETECTION LOGIC
CONSULT screen terms (Trouble diagnosis content)
DTC No.B24B4 = An internal circuit error message is received from A/C control via LIN communication for 30 seconds or more.

A/C CONTROL
(Air conditioning control)
DTC detection condition
[GENERAL ELEC MALFUNCTN]

An internal circuit error message is received from A/C control via LIN communication for 30 seconds or more.

POSSIBLE CAUSE
A/C control (Internal circuit malfunction)
FAIL-SAFE

So, if i got you, if a comunication error occour for more than 30 secs, it is going to start with last state...but if i turn car off with air on and restart in less then 30 secs( so, not giving time to go back to the last state), it should be on ...or am i wrong? And if there is a fault...why i does not shop up in error scan??🤦‍♂️
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

I don't know exactly if the Fail Safe state holds over time ...each engine start. The diagnostics direct a full self test of the HAC system using Nissans Consult tool. Your Bosch agent probably does not have that tool so a systematic inspection of the HAC unit cannot be done. I think their are 12 DTCs (error code) to check for and its perhaps not possible for an ordinary scanner to identify them all. Diagnostics Page HAC 53 refers.

The A/C Auto Amp Module controls the Blower using an electronic regulator module (FET) and no information exists for either Modules. Either a sensor fault, amplifier fault or regulator fault is shutting the Blower down
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

One last shot.
When you press the Auto button:

1. Does the Auto Button illuminate?
2. Does it keep the A/C Button selected ON (illuminated) when you re-start the engine each time?

I've not used the system in Auto much so am not familiar with the full behaviour. Not enough info in handbook/documents about it
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Frank_j11

Post by Frank_j11 »

calnorth wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:32 am One last shot.

2. Does it keep the A/C Button selected ON (illuminated) when you re-start the engine each time?

I've not used the system in Auto much so am not familiar with the full behaviour. Not enough info in handbook/documents about it
Auto button illuminate, and it keeps ac on , and on even on restart(i mean when i manually turn it on).
Frank_j11

Post by Frank_j11 »

I was able with one (of thousands tryied) apk on the playstore, to read the A/C module and i found stored error
B24A1 . I cleaned it, and after 2 days it did not got back.

Looking at the bottom link , i found a kind of test, i checked fuse and its ok, i would like test m54 connector voltage...but i cannot find any info on where is placed

http://www.nirogue.com/dtc_circuit_diagnosis-1012.html
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Frank_j11 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:33 pm I was able with one (of thousands tryied) apk on the playstore, to read the A/C module and i found stored error
B24A1 . I cleaned it, and after 2 days it did not got back.

Looking at the bottom link , i found a kind of test, i checked fuse and its ok, i would like test m54 connector voltage...but i cannot find any info on where is placed

http://www.nirogue.com/dtc_circuit_diagnosis-1012.html
Your link above is for Nissan Rogue...
The document Qashqai HAC shows B24A1 A/C AUTO AMP. POWER SUPPLY on page 83 and for check power supply range on page 108 - Connector M141

M141 pinout is on page 68
Auto Amp on page 19 shows 2 unit connectors only

There is no loom information for AUTO Amp to its various sensors/motors etc.

A problem is that the HAC document may not be 100% correct
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Frank_j11 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:28 pm
calnorth wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:32 am One last shot.

Auto button illuminate, and it keeps ac on , and on even on restart(i mean when i manually turn it on).
So..with AUTO ON and Temperature controls set below 17 deg C (LOW) will the AC switch itself on and stay on between engine starts and restarts over time?
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta