Sub Woofer Output New Qashqai 2014

ICE, Equipment, Options
pmnagendra

Post by pmnagendra »

Hello there,Im a new owner of Qashqai 2014 Tekna. I am looking to install a spare wheel subwoofer to the current system. I was wondering if the new Connect System has a subwoofer RCA output leads in the back? Or do we have to Tap into the Left Right Speaker wires for getting the output? Any one installed a sub woofer in the new Qashqai 2014?Thanks in advance.Mani
pmnagendra2014-06-27 14:54:06
::: Qashqai Tekna 2014 Gun Metal :::

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

search the forum for specific guide on what to do.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

Nissan Qashqai 1.6 dci Tekna
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Just fitted mine this afternoon, if you want any help then PM me but you'll need to tap into the speaker wires, they're really easy to get to. I didn't tap directly into the wiring, I used a fuse tap for the permanent live and the switched live.
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
pmnagendra

Post by pmnagendra »

Hello,Thanks for your message. I see that you used fuse taps for Permanent Live and Switched Live. What slots on the fuse box did you use on the fuse box? Are they CIG_LIGHTER 15A ? can you let me know please as I am planning to use a Fuse Tap too. I am installing a Pioneer Spare Wheel Subwoofer -http://www.pioneer.eu/dk/products/25/13 ... e.html200W MaxCan you let me know if its ok to use a Fuse Tap in this case? or is it a good idea to run Permanent Live from the Battery?ThanksMani
pmnagendra

Post by pmnagendra »

[quote="Wheelie Bealie"]Just fitted mine this afternoon, if you want any help then PM me but you'll need to tap into the speaker wires, they're really easy to get to. I didn't tap directly into the wiring, I used a fuse tap for the permanent live and the switched live.[/QUOTE]
Hello,Thanks for your message. I see that you used fuse taps for Permanent Live and Switched Live. What slots on the fuse box did you use on the fuse box? Are they CIG_LIGHTER 15A ? can you let me know please as I am planning to use a Fuse Tap too. I am installing a Pioneer Spare Wheel Subwoofer -http://www.pioneer.eu/dk/products/25/13 ... e.html200W MaxCan you let me know if its ok to use a Fuse Tap in this case? or is it a good idea to run Permanent Live from the Battery?ThanksMani
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

There is a permanant live in the boot areaits behine the top part of the boot on left hand sideWhen I had my towbar fitted the fitter showed me a multi plug and one of them is if you have a caravan on back and need to charge the batteryWouldnt that be ideal to pick the power feed up from?
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

That looks like a good option @pmnagendra - let me know if you get it fitted. I have a boxed sub, but my hopes of living with the sacrificed space haven't panned out. Plus I blush every time I open the boot in public!
2014 1.6dci Tekna Storm White 2WD
pmnagendra

Post by pmnagendra »

[quote="Donkey"]There is a permanant live in the boot areaits behine the top part of the boot on left hand sideWhen I had my towbar fitted the fitter showed me a multi plug and one of them is if you have a caravan on back and need to charge the batteryWouldnt that be ideal to pick the power feed up from?[/QUOTE]
That sounds fantastic to tap it from the boot area itself Can you be more specific please... where exactly can I find this(its behine the top part of the boot on left hand side) are you referring behind the panel where the boot light is located on the left?Cheers
pmnagendra

Post by pmnagendra »

[quote="Adrian"]That looks like a good option @pmnagendra - let me know if you get it fitted. I have a boxed sub, but my hopes of living with the sacrificed space haven't panned out. Plus I blush every time I open the boot in public! [/QUOTE]
Sure Adrian, I will post a complete guide with pics once I have successfully done the installation.. But need a bit of support with Live Wiring at the moment..Cheers