J11 Head Unit - Changing power source??

ICE, Equipment, Options
JamieB90
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by JamieB90 »

Hello, and thanks for reading.

Does the electrical systems in the J11 head unit loom allow me to put a perminant feed to the head unit in place of the ignition feed without any knock on effects on the rest of the system?

I have installed a flat screen running on android, and I can only power it on when the ignition is on, which canes the battery.

(On the head unit adapter loom) If I locate, cut and blank off the ignition power and replace with a fused perminant supply with a hidden switch (just like the good old days), would this be possible, or is there too much electronics in the way? I have not seen any wiring diagram, so I am unsure of the extent of control the power module has.

Has someone else done this with success, or can confirm if it will fail?

Regards

Jamie
Last edited by JamieB90 on Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Its difficult to be accurate here. As with any device you could wire directly to the Batt thereby avoiding anything car controlled. I believe the J11 cars (yours) have about 20 mins of power available for the headunit via BCM. BCM then auto powers down thus switching the headunit off after Ign off. Something like that.

Attached is the Audi/Nav diagnostics with some diagrams...not 100% accurate
AV+-+AUDIO+VISUAL+&+NAVIGATION+SYSTEM.pdf
(1.67 MiB) Downloaded 75 times
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
JamieB90
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by JamieB90 »

Sorry for the delayed reply. That PDF is a goldmine of info. Abit of bedtime reading is in order, I am sure this will answer my queries. Thanks alot.
J.