Nissan Connect

ICE, Equipment, Options
malvern_man
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017โ€“2021)

Post by malvern_man »

Hi all,

Are there any pros or cons with signing up for and downloading the Nissan Connect app to my Android phone?

If I don't get Nissan Connect would it stop anything on the infotainment centre working, namely the built in SatNav.

I have an Android smart phone but I don't use social media at all so I don't have any apps for it on my phone, I don't have any music on my phone as I've got a portable stand alone mp3 player and I don't use it as a SatNav either. I keep my phone on silent/vibrate in my pocket while driving, my logic behind this is, if the call is important then they'll call me back.

How long is Nissan Connect free for and how much a month is it after that, I'm getting conflicting answers from Google.

Regards, Chris.
2020 (70 Plate) 1.3 DiG-T 140 ~ 6 Speed Manual ~ Tekna+ in Pearl Black.
2022 (22 Plate) BMW X5 40i xDrive M Sport in Phytonic Blue.

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Malvern_Man, here are a couple of Nissan Attachments that might help you - Dave ๐Ÿ˜Š

New NissanConnect infotainment system now available in Qashqai crossover : https://uk.nissannews.com/en-GB/release ... -crossover

NissanConnect Services | Nissan : https://www.nissan.co.uk/ownership/niss ... vices.html
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LEDโ€™s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
malvern_man

Post by malvern_man »

DaveBerlin wrote: โ†‘Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:50 pm Malvern_Man, here are a couple of Nissan Attachments that might help you - Dave ๐Ÿ˜Š

New NissanConnect infotainment system now available in Qashqai crossover : https://uk.nissannews.com/en-GB/release ... -crossover

NissanConnect Services | Nissan : https://www.nissan.co.uk/ownership/niss ... vices.html
Thanks for the info Dave.

It still doesn't tell me if it will stop anything working if I don't download Nissan Connect though, and it doesn't say if I have to have my Bluetooth connection on my phone on all the time I'm in the car, which is something I defiantly don't want to do. Plus I certainly won't be planning a route on my phone and then sending it to the car, can't see the point of that.

Regards, Chris.
Terry1100

Post by Terry1100 »

Chris,

No worries for you - the car itself doesn't "require" a phone to be connected for everything to work.

The wole infotainment system is flexible enough to (mostly) work however you want it too.

For me, I don't use the Nissan services at all - but I do use Android Auto and Google Maos for navigation.

My only complaint (that won't bother you) is that Andoid Auto needs the car's sole USB port so I can't have USB music at the same time forcing me to use the phone as a music player. In fact, with your usage without the phone, you could avoid your MP3 player and use the car's own headunit to play your choonz via a USB stick keeping all the info/selection/album art etc on the cars touchscreen.

cheers

Terry
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

If you have Connect 2 or 3...vintage 2017 and on that looks like the pic below you need not be concerned. Don't download the Nissan App because for these head units Nissan has abandoned the feature. It doesn't work at all. Edit...note SDCard at top right of box screen.

Opera Snapshot_2020-09-22_082017_www.ebay.co.uk.png

Last edited by calnorth on Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017โ€“and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Chris, explaining the System or getting to the point here is not always that easy. Now I would think that you still have a Guarantee, you have paid a Dealer for the QQ & Service, so get them or the Sales Guy to give you that Service. Our Dealer Sales Guy spent over an hour going through the QQ functions and connecting up iPhones, Door to Door etc, basically a question and answer Service and he added what we gave the Nod too. Why not give it a try, asking costs nothing - Good Luck Dave ๐Ÿ˜Š
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LEDโ€™s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
malvern_man

Post by malvern_man »

Terry1100 wrote: โ†‘Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:14 am Chris,

No worries for you - the car itself doesn't "require" a phone to be connected for everything to work.

The wole infotainment system is flexible enough to (mostly) work however you want it too.

For me, I don't use the Nissan services at all - but I do use Android Auto and Google Maos for navigation.

My only complaint (that won't bother you) is that Andoid Auto needs the car's sole USB port so I can't have USB music at the same time forcing me to use the phone as a music player. In fact, with your usage without the phone, you could avoid your MP3 player and use the car's own headunit to play your choonz via a USB stick keeping all the info/selection/album art etc on the cars touchscreen.

cheers

Terry
Thanks for the information Terry.
calnorth wrote: โ†‘Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:17 am If you have Connect 2 or 3...vintage 2017 and on that looks like the pic below you need not be concerned. Don't download the Nissan App because for these head units Nissan has abandoned the feature. It doesn't work at all.
Hi calnorth,
I've got 2020 Tekna+ ( is that the connect 4? )

DaveBerlin wrote: โ†‘Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:22 am Chris, explaining the System or getting to the point here is not always that easy. Now I would think that you still have a Guarantee, you have paid a Dealer for the QQ & Service, so get them or the Sales Guy to give you that Service. Our Dealer Sales Guy spent over an hour going through the QQ functions and connecting up iPhones, Door to Door etc, basically a question and answer Service and he added what we gave the Nod too. Why not give it a try, asking costs nothing - Good Luck Dave ๐Ÿ˜Š
Hi Dave,
The initial handover was a little rushed to be honest, the salesman could only show me a few basic things from a 2 metre distance due to Covid restrictions and only through the car window, plus he had another client waiting for him. He tried to explain the heating system but it was all so quick, the only bit on the infotainment system I was shown was how to scan and set DAB radio stations.

Regards, Chris.
malvern_man

Post by malvern_man »

Just another quick question,

I've connected my QQ to my home Wi-Fi but as I live in a cul-de-sac and have off street parking my car is just over 30 yards away from my router so the signal is quite weak.
The system is telling me that there's a software update for the infotainment system.
If I start the update does it keep on updating even when I've turned the ignition etc off, if it doesn't then it'll take forever to complete.

Not sure if theres a map update, that'll take a week to do if there is :lol:

Regards, Chris.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Chris, you have just mentioned you have the QQ Tekna + (should add this infoโ€™ as It helps members answer any questions). Now unless I am screwed up you should have the latest System. Here are the Nissan UK facts related to the Tekna + for your reference - Dave ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ™

4FF32171-F441-48F9-81A0-BBA06B93855B.jpeg

B1F57761-E914-4B24-8CC3-EEEF4621F5FF.jpeg

3A39E11B-089F-4079-91CC-D43A5367C742.jpeg

This is our 12.2019 Tekna + Nissan Connect :

C9105A2E-C0F1-47BB-9CF8-FD96F6A00DE3.jpeg

This is our Tekna + Nissan Connect Dec 19 :
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

malvern_man wrote: โ†‘Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:09 pm Just another quick question,

I've connected my QQ to my home Wi-Fi but as I live in a cul-de-sac and have off street parking my car is just over 30 yards away from my router so the signal is quite weak.
The system is telling me that there's a software update for the infotainment system.
If I start the update does it keep on updating even when I've turned the ignition etc off, if it doesn't then it'll take forever to complete.

Not sure if theres a map update, that'll take a week to do if there is :lol:

Regards, Chris.
Certain smart-ish applications will handle an interrupt in a download and recommence from where it left off. I think the car will power down almost completely 20 mins from Ignition Off, so you could nip out every 15mins and switch Ign ON/OFF...something like that. Alternatively a neighbour might allow you to logon to their network if closer to their Router? Isn't there a download to USB on the Nissan website?

I have little confidence in the Nissan Connect 4 (?) system recognizing a download interrupt and what to do about it...its not a computer we are dealing with here.

Cheers

Colin
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017โ€“and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta