Nissan Connect

ICE, Equipment, Options
malvern_man
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by malvern_man »

calnorth wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:51 pm
malvern_man wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:09 pm Just another quick question,

I've connected my QQ to my home Wi-Fi but as I live in a cul-de-sac and have off street parking my car is just over 30 yards away from my router so the signal is quite weak.
The system is telling me that there's a software update for the infotainment system.
If I start the update does it keep on updating even when I've turned the ignition etc off, if it doesn't then it'll take forever to complete.

Not sure if theres a map update, that'll take a week to do if there is :lol:

Regards, Chris.
Certain smart-ish applications will handle an interrupt in a download and recommence from where it left off. I think the car will power down almost completely 20 mins from Ignition Off, so you could nip out every 15mins and switch Ign ON/OFF...something like that. Alternatively a neighbour might allow you to logon to their network if closer to their Router? Isn't there a download to USB on the Nissan website?

I have little confidence in the Nissan Connect 4 (?) system recognizing a download interrupt and what to do about it...its not a computer we are dealing with here.

Cheers

Colin
Hi Colin,

I managed to get my car nearer to my house, it downloaded and installed the software update really quickly. I then rechecked it and it said there was another update so I downloaded and installed that, I then followed the onscreen instruction to turn the car off and then to restart to confirm the update ( it never mentioned turning the infotainment centre off ) but all I get now is a screen saying The software update has been completed. Please turn off the vehicle off and back on to confirm the update.
No matter how many times I turn it off and on again this screen comes back. When I touch the map update button it says it can't update the map while the system is being updated, but as far as I'm aware the system has been updated. What should the latest firmware version be, I've googled it but can't find the answer.

Regards, Chris.
2020 (70 Plate) 1.3 DiG-T 140 ~ 6 Speed Manual ~ Tekna+ in Pearl Black.
2022 (22 Plate) BMW X5 40i xDrive M Sport in Phytonic Blue.

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Hi Chris...I wouldn't expect the Connect 4 to be quick at doing things. Its possible its taking some time to actually install the software. A download is one step but the software downloaded has to be stored correctly and configured to Start...from the right place (at Boot Up). It should do that without a hitch? Perhaps someone here with your box might have experienced this. If not call the dealer.

I don't know the software versions for Connect 4 and Nissan sure don't make it public. It might well be in the Connect 4 menus somewhere with much other guff. Perhaps someone here with Connect 4 can advise?

If it persists call the Dealer..there maybe another part (corrective) to the process as regards getting the box to boot up and function. Its likely to do with the fact that these cars leave power on for 20 mins after Ign OFF...something like that or its simply hung up/waiting?

Colin
Last edited by calnorth on Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

The last update I did on my car via WiFi took about 15 minutes, car about 5 yards from the (very fast) router.
Turn the car off - then on - job done. So it does work.
Maybe it didn't complete and the system is stuck in some sort of loop waiting for the update to complete ?
It's almost certainly worth a conversation with your dealer
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
malvern_man

Post by malvern_man »

MikeGC wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:56 am The last update I did on my car via WiFi took about 15 minutes, car about 5 yards from the (very fast) router.
Turn the car off - then on - job done. So it does work.
Maybe it didn't complete and the system is stuck in some sort of loop waiting for the update to complete ?
It's almost certainly worth a conversation with your dealer
Hi Mike,
Did you just turn the car off and leave to infotainment centre on?
All I did was turn the ignition off.
On mine when I turn the car off the infotainment centre stays on until I open the driver's door.
Everything seems to be working just fine at the moment though.

Regards, Chris.
malvern_man

Post by malvern_man »

Just a quick update,

When I was out and about yesterday a message came up on the infotainment screen saying update successful, there was a small 'ok' button to press on the screen and the message went off. Hopefully it's now sorted itself out.

Regards, chris.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

malvern_man wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:43 am Just a quick update,

When I was out and about yesterday a message came up on the infotainment screen saying update successful, there was a small 'ok' button to press on the screen and the message went off. Hopefully it's now sorted itself out.

Regards, chris.
Really frustrating stuff...
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

Imo "Turn the car off" means get out lock it and don't try and restart for at least half an hour.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)