Fog Light Brow DRL / Sequential indicator Modification

ICE, Equipment, Options
Alan W
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Alan W »

Hi has anyone bought and fitted any of these ? Not sure they'll suit all model variants.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/h5.aliexpr ... 53952.html
Last edited by Alan W on Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2020 Qashqai 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT N-Tec in Pearlescent Storm White

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Alan, some nice stuff on AliExpress but they look like they are for the US Market although Quarantee not a problem for the QQ. AliExpress stuff is normally pretty good quality. Do you not have any DRL’s on your QQ J11B ? Or is this just a modification / improvement - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
RiveriaMan

Post by RiveriaMan »

Hi Alan

If it is just to get sequential indicators at the front. Then you could do what Foxworld and then I did and use these thin drl strips across the top of the headlights. As they also do both. End of Page 1 of the topic below shows mine fitted.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=8011
Last edited by RiveriaMan on Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qashqai J11 2017 1.5 dci N-Connecta - Upgraded Horn - Upgraded Boot Lights - Bonnet Gas Struts - Hard Wired Dash Cam (Front/Rear) Dynamic Turn Indicators (Front/Mirror), Twin Exhaust Muffler, LED Interior, Reverse, Glove Box, Footwell, Puddle Lights.
Alan W

Post by Alan W »

Hi. On the new Ntec that I have, it has the DRL the same as the Techna/Techna+, so yes I do have them already. The link from Aliexpress, if I've posted it correctly, should show a mod where you can also have them lower down, just above the front foglights. I was wondering how complex a fit this was.
RiveriaMan

Post by RiveriaMan »

Yes link works correctly for the fog light brows as they like to call them on AliExpress. Not fitted myself but would imagine physical fitting not a problem just removing the front parking sensor from original before putting in new ones, with electrical being the same concept as used for the DRL strips that Foxworld and I used, tap into existing indicators for orange signal and then a live feed from engine fuse box to provide power for white drl light.
Qashqai J11 2017 1.5 dci N-Connecta - Upgraded Horn - Upgraded Boot Lights - Bonnet Gas Struts - Hard Wired Dash Cam (Front/Rear) Dynamic Turn Indicators (Front/Mirror), Twin Exhaust Muffler, LED Interior, Reverse, Glove Box, Footwell, Puddle Lights.
Alan W

Post by Alan W »

Thanks RiveriaMan, I'll check out your posts. Only had the QQ for a couple of months, but I think I've got the modder blood in me. As the car is only eight months old, I'm wary of tapping into the cables too much as I wouldn't want to jeopardise any future warranty claims. Hopefully, fingers crossed if I do get them, they're simple enough to fit. I think they will also suit my car, when powered off also, as my car is white.

I like the name of fog light brows, so I'll change the title of this thread accordingly !

Thanks again, you've given me some confidence to go ahead.
RiveriaMan

Post by RiveriaMan »

Hi Alan must admit I was the same when I got mine at only two years old. But like you temptation and more recently lockdown got the better of me. Mine turns 3 at the end of this month. But as mods go then certainly hood struts should not affect anything and are really useful. Likewise changing interior lights to led and reverse lights to led. If you do feel confident then you can do the footwell and mood lighting easy enough also. My footwells are white on entry and then orange as per OEM mood lighting once doors are closed. Which if you also fit metal and rubber covers to the pedals looks really nice as your driving at night. Suggest you look at user La_Palmeraie YouTube videos who did all these first and which then inspired me.
Alan W

Post by Alan W »

I have seen the videos by La_Palmeraie, and they have inspired me as well.

Gas struts - ordered
Interior LEDs - received today
Tint wrap for LEDs - received today
Footwell lights - fitted a few weeks ago
Rear footwell lights - awaiting fitting
Welcome/Puddle lights - fitted a few weeks ago
Sequential Mirror lights - fitted a few weeks ago
Ambient lights - to purchase
Second boot light - awaiting fitting
Steel pedals - just won on eBay

lots of other simpler things like steel scuff plates, screw covers, tyre valve covers, etc

.... I think I'm addicted.
moshchops
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by moshchops »

Hey, it's not just you.

I say to myself that is enough modding.

Started off with swapping out the rear view mirror to a auto dimming one. Then changed the cloth seats to heated leather and door cards.
12v sockets for rear passengers and boot. LED strip lighting in boot and rear passenger footwells. LED interior lighting, auto close modules for folding mirrors and windows.
Illuminated kick plates, puddle lights, LED sidelighting and sequential indicators on the side and above headlights. Shark fin aerial, side steps, Heko wind deflectors.

The list goes on and more to come!
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

Alan W wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:02 pm I have seen the videos by La_Palmeraie, and they have inspired me as well.

Gas struts - ordered
Interior LEDs - received today
Tint wrap for LEDs - received today
Footwell lights - fitted a few weeks ago
Rear footwell lights - awaiting fitting
Welcome/Puddle lights - fitted a few weeks ago
Sequential Mirror lights - fitted a few weeks ago
Ambient lights - to purchase
Second boot light - awaiting fitting
Steel pedals - just won on eBay

lots of other simpler things like steel scuff plates, screw covers, tyre valve covers, etc

.... I think I'm addicted.
So nice to hear! Keep up the good job mate :D
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS