Nissan Connect Reboots when using USB/CD Player

ICE, Equipment, Options
noosy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by noosy »

Thanks for your input and suggestions Dave, I appreciate your taking the time to help me out....

I have actually spoken with someone from Nissan twice over the phone - the same woman both times - and unfortunately it was like bashing my head against a brick wall. No matter what I said, her response was 'it needs a software update and you'll just have to wait for it'.

When I warned Nissan that I'd had enough and I was going to lodge a motor vehicle dispute against them I did it via email - it's so much easier to remain calm in an email. I couldn't believe it when the same woman answered this email, plus the next two I sent. She must be the only person working in that department :lol:

Her initial response was a five line reply which contained the robotic 'it needs a software update and you'll just have to wait for it' spiel. Her next reply, another five liner, contained the software update spiel and a story about there being a 'software update being released next week'. Nothing more than that - no mention of how I was supposed to know for sure that it had been released or if anyone from Nissan would bother to contact me. Of course this update never materialized, surprise, surprise! In my follow up email a week later I actually called her out on this. I told her that as far as I was concerned her story about an imminent software update was nothing more than an obvious (and half hearted) attempt to placate me. Funnily enough I haven't heard back from her.

As I said, she really didn't seem one bit concerned about me taking the matter further with QCAT. I guess these big companies really do think they're untouchable? I've also spoken to someone at the Dealership I bought the car from and their care factor sits at a big, fat 'zero'. Apparently their hands are tied and they can't do anything to help me. In all this time I haven't been able to find one single person who cares or who is interested in resolving this for me, and that has been frustrating beyond belief. I honestly wouldn't touch another Nissan vehicle if my life depended on it.

Anyway, thank you again Dave...and also a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to this discussion :)

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

I'm reminded of the Australian AutoExpert I've followed at times...interesting stuff and about new car purchases. Some deeper technical advice on engineering principles.

https://autoexpert.com.au

He is rather vocal about car manufacturers supplying Australia. He's very much mechanical which will of course have to change as more electronics is sprinkled onto cars. Theoretically electronics repair is about "black box" changing...our example on this post being an exception. A real stupid one at that.

Is he any help? From what he says on Youtube I'd expect manufacturers to be a bit bothered?

A Ford issue on his Youtube channel for example:

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
noosy

Post by noosy »

Thanks for the link calnorth.

He does seem to be very knowledgeable and tells it like it is in the typically dry, matter of fact Aussie fashion. He's quite an entertaining character so I think I'll watch a few more of his videos. It'll be nice to have a bit of a laugh for a change :)