J11 Tekna Wipers

ICE, Equipment, Options
Stuartsjj
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:31 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

J11 Tekna Wipers

Post by Stuartsjj » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:44 am

Windscreen wipers stopped working today for some reason.

Had to pull over, tried using them in normal mode knocking auto off but still nothing. Completely dead.

Was just going to turn around when they kicked back into life

Has anyone else come across anything like this before?

Thanks

User avatar
calnorth
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:01 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: J11 Tekna Wipers

Post by calnorth » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:35 am

I don't think that incident been reported here. The wiper system is not simple as one might expect. Mine is somewhat hesitant at unexpected times and occasionally I have to click the stalk through its various positions to gain confidence that the wiper system is with me? Or basically to get it to operate.
Last edited by calnorth on Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

User avatar
gloucester
Posts: 2627
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:04 am
Location: Gloucestershire, England
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: J11 Tekna Wipers

Post by gloucester » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:06 am

Welcome to this forum.

Not a known fault.

Could be a loose/corroded connection or a partially broken wire.

Also try pulling the fuse and reinserting.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07

Stuartsjj
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:31 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: J11 Tekna Wipers

Post by Stuartsjj » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:47 pm

Thank you both for the replies I really appreciate it.

It did it about 6 months ago. Same thing, just stopped working no matter what I did. Completely dead. Turned car off and on and still no change. Just as I was about to ring the AA (as I wasn’t near home) they started working again. I just put it down to one of those things as they have been working faultlessly since until the other day when it did the same again.

Stuartsjj
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:31 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: J11 Tekna Wipers

Post by Stuartsjj » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:48 pm

Does anyone know if there is a relay for them please? Thought it might be something like that breaking down?

User avatar
calnorth
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:01 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: J11 Tekna Wipers

Post by calnorth » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:54 pm

Stuartsjj wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:48 pm
Does anyone know if there is a relay for them please? Thought it might be something like that breaking down?
There is a switch within the motor unit itself that signals that the wipers are at their normal rest position during rotational activity...its a reference position. This switch signals a small processor that provides various working modes related to the drivers wipers stalk selection.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

Stuartsjj
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:31 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: J11 Tekna Wipers

Post by Stuartsjj » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:25 pm

calnorth wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:54 pm
Stuartsjj wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:48 pm
Does anyone know if there is a relay for them please? Thought it might be something like that breaking down?
There is a switch within the motor unit itself that signals that the wipers are at their normal rest position during rotational activity...its a reference position. This switch signals a small processor that provides various working modes related to the drivers wipers stalk selection.

Thanks

Would that stop them working altogether?

Thanks again

User avatar
calnorth
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:01 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: J11 Tekna Wipers

Post by calnorth » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:22 am

Stuartsjj wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:25 pm
calnorth wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:54 pm
Stuartsjj wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:48 pm
Does anyone know if there is a relay for them please? Thought it might be something like that breaking down?
There is a switch within the motor unit itself that signals that the wipers are at their normal rest position during rotational activity...its a reference position. This switch signals a small processor that provides various working modes related to the drivers wipers stalk selection.

Thanks

Would that stop them working altogether?

Thanks again
I found the diagnostics and system diagrams for the wipers and there are two relays in IPDM (Power Dist Module). One for powering and the other to switch Hi and LO speed. There is also other electronics and control in Body Control (BCM) plus control comms by CAN Bus. The system in my view is far too complicated and as such hard to simply diagnose. Much of it requires the Nissan Diagnostics tool CONSULT. I can't determine exactly which relays are responsible exactly.

The switch I refereed to would likely make normal parking of the wipers impossible if faulty... so they would always be stopped somewhere across the screen.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

Stuartsjj
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:31 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: J11 Tekna Wipers

Post by Stuartsjj » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:38 pm

calnorth wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:22 am
Stuartsjj wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:25 pm
calnorth wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:54 pm


There is a switch within the motor unit itself that signals that the wipers are at their normal rest position during rotational activity...its a reference position. This switch signals a small processor that provides various working modes related to the drivers wipers stalk selection.

Thanks

Would that stop them working altogether?

Thanks again
I found the diagnostics and system diagrams for the wipers and there are two relays in IPDM (Power Dist Module). One for powering and the other to switch Hi and LO speed. There is also other electronics and control in Body Control (BCM) plus control comms by CAN Bus. The system in my view is far too complicated and as such hard to simply diagnose. Much of it requires the Nissan Diagnostics tool CONSULT. I can't determine exactly which relays are responsible exactly.

The switch I refereed to would likely make normal parking of the wipers impossible if faulty... so they would always be stopped somewhere across the screen.


Thank you I really appreciate your help

I’m starting to loose the will with this QQ :D :D

Stuartsjj
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:31 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: J11 Tekna Wipers

Post by Stuartsjj » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:08 pm

They started working and just as was going down the main road packed in again


As you can see the rear wiper and the front washers work but the wipers are dead.

https://youtu.be/w3nA7wy0u8k

Post Reply