Wiring from clock spring to harness

ICE, Equipment, Options
pabllo
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by pabllo »

Wow - thank you, both.
Looks like you really can buy anything online, including resistor sets to fake a working airbag!

"SUGGESTIONS FOR USE
Used for Diagnostics on Airbag Systems or to FOOL the airbag ECU into thinking the removed / faulty part/s are present & working."

So from a non-working horn, I guess am now looking at a new airbag and/or sensor unit! Ouch.
Would like to get the guy who sold me this hooky set up to pick up the tab for that but chances are slim I guess.

DVSA said they can investigate any concerns about a garage's operation but don't get involved in specific cases.
They suggested trading standards.

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

pabllo wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:44 am Wow - thank you, both.
Looks like you really can buy anything online, including resistor sets to fake a working airbag!

"SUGGESTIONS FOR USE
Used for Diagnostics on Airbag Systems or to FOOL the airbag ECU into thinking the removed / faulty part/s are present & working."

So from a non-working horn, I guess am now looking at a new airbag and/or sensor unit! Ouch.
Would like to get the guy who sold me this hooky set up to pick up the tab for that but chances are slim I guess.

DVSA said they can investigate any concerns about a garage's operation but don't get involved in specific cases.
They suggested trading standards.
Its a real sorry state. Perhaps Trading standards has some trace on that car from earlier issues? Other than that you probably need to speak to a company such as this:

https://airbagman.co.uk/our-services/#service1

Or its a very expensive job at Nissan
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
pabllo
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by pabllo »

Calnorth - thanks for the airbagman link. Gave him a call and he reckoned a new clockspring would fix airbag sensor issues as he has seen that work often before.

The new clockspring arrived today - have fitted it, removed the weird resistors and resoldered the wires to the connector into the back of the clockspring - and all issues are resolved.
Used key on/offx3 for diagnostic mode and that cleared the airbag error. Horn and everything else electric working on the steering wheel.
V relieved!

Thanks again for your help (& gloucester's) with that - great forum!
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Good News.... :shock: :o :D
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta