Auto Folding Mirrors & Total Closure on Windows

ICE, Equipment, Options
bu88ski
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by bu88ski »

Hi All,

I've found a couple of nigly little quirks with my 2007 QQ J10, namely the stupid idea of Nissan to disable the electric folding mirror switch when the ignition is off and not including total closure or comfort opening on the remote key fob.

I had a Mini R56 for a while, that had comfort opening when I held the unlock button it opened all the windows and if I held the lock button it also closed all the windows as a total closure.
My mum has a Mazda 3, when she locks her car the mirrors fold in and when she turns her ignition on the mirrors fold out, her car also has the total closure and comfort opening on the windows too.

1. Has anyone managed to successfully fit a total closure / comfort opening system to the QQ??

2. Has anyone managed to do anything with the mirrors in respect of the folding function either being permanently live (ridding need to turn ignition on just to fold the mirrors when I forget to fold them) or activated the mirrors via the remote key fob??

Any information available, help, guidance, "it's impossible"'s, "this is how you do it"'s are greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance all.

Rob

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Rob, when we bought our QQ J11A 2014 the early versions did not have Auto Close Mirrors etc and we had a Nissan Kit Installed from New and they functioned very well. You could also give Nissan a try but they will be more expensive. At that time there was this Company AcesDvds See attached also marketing a Kit they might be worth a try. Also look on the web, as for example AliExpress also offers a Kit. They might be worth a try and normally a Kit has all the parts - Good Luck Dave 😉

QASHQAI MIRROR KIT : AcesDvds : http://www.acesdvds.co.uk/index.php?mai ... cts_id=201

77AE6159-C9F8-4D4A-956E-DD70E51F580D.jpeg

AliExpress :

929455A2-DA5B-4E7A-931A-8BFC31882C74.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
bu88ski
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by bu88ski »

Nice one Dave, much appreciated, I will do some looking around but will probably end up getting the AcesDvds kit. Atleast I know there is a kit out there for the mirrors. Now all I got to do is see if I can find something for the windows.
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

bu88ski wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:22 am Nice one Dave, much appreciated, I will do some looking around but will probably end up getting the AcesDvds kit. Atleast I know there is a kit out there for the mirrors. Now all I got to do is see if I can find something for the windows.
the same company do the window kit too, i fitted the mirror kit last year to my partners 2011 qq takes about 30mins to install :)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Rob, as Andy has mentioned AcesDvds do the window Kits also - take a look on the Advert above LH Side - Dave 🤗
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken