Replacing BCU in J10

ICE, Equipment, Options
Cappy
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Cappy »

Hi. I’m replacing the BCU in my 2010 qashqai. Is it a case of buying a replacement with the same 10-character reference (e.g 284B2JD12B), and I will be good to go, or is there more to it?

Thanks a lot!

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

This forum is more helpful for old QQ (J10) owners-
http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/new_forum_topics.html
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Cappy wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:31 pm Hi. I’m replacing the BCU in my 2010 qashqai. Is it a case of buying a replacement with the same 10-character reference (e.g 284B2JD12B), and I will be good to go, or is there more to it?

Thanks a lot!
Its not altogether clear what the full installation procedure is. I have never undertaken such a task for a car. However, you can liken it to loading a software system to a computer from one hard disk to another...rather like cloning. Fiddle with that afterwards, a lot.

In the case of the J10 QQ you will need Nissans Consult tool to copy all configuration data from your present BCM and then re-write it to the new BCM. Thats assuming the present BCM data is good. If not, I suspect its a complete default setup from a factory configuration file.

I suppose the BCM could simply be slammed in but your vehicle will not be registered to BCM and multiple errors will arise..security being a big one. The ECU will definitely be a problem.

< BASIC INSPECTION > J10 BCM Setup
• When replacing BCM, you must perform WRITE CONFIGURATION with CONSULT-III.
• Complete the procedure of WRITE CONFIGURATION in order.
• If you set incorrect WRITE CONFIGURATION, incidents will occur.
• Configuration is different for each vehicle model. Confirm configuration of each vehicle model.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

Youd need to fit it and then you wont be able to turn the ignition on as the bcm contains the part of the NATS system, you pop the hazards on to wake the bcm, then carry out key registration with consult with the ignition off, once this is done you can turn the ignition on, then you can enter the configuration number which nissan will have or from the old module if it isnt completely dead you would normally copy the data before replacing it. Then check for software levels and that's it. Not very easy and requires consult and access to nissans technical portal