Battery draining in 2-3 days

ICE, Equipment, Options
Crizdee
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Crizdee »

lewisbryant wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:35 pm Usually drop down to like 0.016ma on the qashqais but we usually use under 60ma as a good.

There are a few fuses that are a bit hidden in drivers footwell towards centre console, theres a fuse there that is for the radio I've had that twice drawing current usually about 200ma though so may be not but maybe so haha

But yeah best method is voltage drop across the fuse, you can get charts online which will convert the drop into an equivalent amperage, but have to be using the right chart for the right size fuse (mini , maxi, standard ect.) Dont forget the alternator which can leak and cause a drain unplug it and take off its positive cable to rule that out but be careful not to touch that big cable to ground!!! Got caught out on an alternator on a smart car years back wont forget about that haha also electric seats I've seen switches cause a drain by being stuck on. Big list to get through but definitely have something there with 0.108ma also good way to tell if it's in sleep mode is the handbrake button red light will go out

Also if your not very good with a multimeter to measure volt drop across the fuse you can get things like amp hound that does the conversion for you
Hi,

Thanks a few more things to check.

So to confirm I’m doing this right...
I’m clamping down the drivers door contact switch with a g-clamp so it thinks it’s closed and the same with the bonnet contact switch. And wait 15 minutes for car to be in sleep mode.

Tried again measuring the M Amps between the negative terminal and cable and pulled every fuse in the 3 fuse boxes. 1 in footwell and 2 next to battery.

Also tried measuring M volts across all fuses.

Can’t find anything so far.
After 4 hours of trying and testing the car only just started! And I did a 3 hour drive the day before.

Will try and find those extra fuses I may of missed and try the alternator as well.

I guess after that it’s checking relays? Is there a secret to pulling relays? They all seem so damn tight and some look to have release points but couldn’t get one out and didn’t want to break anything.

Phew thanks everyone for advice and help.
Car in for MOT today as well.

Chris

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

All looks about right. I think most of the relays are fixed in place...not sure on the J10. Probably because the relays are controlling critical engine units (ECU/BCM etc) that can't be subject to bad connections at relay pins etc.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Mitch40
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Mitch40 »

It could be possible that the ECU/BCM may need to be updated at the dealership, mine did this last year where the battery wouldn't hold a charge for more than a few days, contacted Nissan who said there was an update needed which was causing the ECU/BCM to not shut down properly after the car was turned off and in turn kept draining the battery.
2018 - Qashqai Tekna 1.5 dci - vivid blue