Steering angle sensor and ABS brake

ICE, Equipment, Options
martinryder
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by martinryder »

The problem started last year. A had a flashing airbag light. My local garage immediately diagnosed the fault to the clock spring. I ordered a replacement off ebay and was fitted. After driving for a short distance the brakes locked on and the ABS lights came on (2 lights). We put it down to a cheap Chinese copy clockspring. The garage replaced the old one back and reset the angle sensors. The flashing airbag light returned but the ABS lights was resolved. I later managed to obtain a genuine Nissan OEM clockspring but the same thing happened. The garage has reset the angle sensors but the problem keeps returning.

I have made a short video of the problem :

You might want to fast forward to the end to see the ABS lights. The juddering does not appear to a problem now.

I know my garage has successfully reset the angle sensors after several attempts but now his auto electrician is no longer available. He has ruled out the ECU and sensors. I would be most grateful for your advice

Thankyou in advance

lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

Has he reset the steering angle to straight ahead with the steering wheel perfectly straight. And when your going down the road on a straight road is your steering wheel straight aswell? If not then it needs to be set in the exact position as your going down the road straight if the wheel is off to the left slightly reset it there or just go get wheel alignment done and reset it straight.
Si_mon21
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Si_mon21 »

This is so unusual but I have had the exact same problem with my 2011 1.5 n tec qashqai did you end up with a solution to this? I have had to put my old one back into the car for it to stop the brakes coming on randomly the first time it did it it almost put me into a hedge