Retrofitting LCN3 into JJ10 Qashqai

ICE, Equipment, Options
Brian j
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Brian j »

Hi,

Sorry, launching in with my first post.

I have just bought a 2012 QQ+2 Tekna and I’m trying to upgrade the ICE.

The car has the 360 camera system and the connect audio/nav system and BOSE. I want DAB, and a better touch screen, and ideally to have the cameras stay on when I switch from reverse to drive while parking. I don’t want to go aftermarket. I really prefer the OEM interface, so I formed a plan.

I have bought an LCN3 unit with DAB from a 2014 Juke, the antenna, the USB port and lead from a J11 QQ, and a 5m Fakra extension cable from Amazon to try and upgrade. I can’t find a pin out for the original unit, but the connectors are the same so I thought it should work.

The antenna was a straight fit, the extension for the dab aerial was pretty easy to run, and the head unit plugged straight in. (It’s wider so the fascia needs cut, but no biggie) but it is weird. It is not new, so is doing the whole security lock green thing, which is expected, but that aside its behaving weird. If i skip the security with the set button, then it works well. Dab is good, cd is good, nav is good. BUT only when the ignition is off!! I would not expect it to work at all with the ignition completely off because the old one did not, so not sure what that is about, but when I turn the ignition to ACC, it shuts down and wont power back up until i turn the ignition back on. Any ideas what could be doing that? Is there any difference in wiring? Is it because it is not programmed to the car? Is it something else?

Any help would be really welcome please.

Thx
Brian

Brian j
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Brian j »

Quick follow-up. I realised that my question was quite open ended.
I am certain that there’s a wiring difference between the two cars (for starters the camera button is on the car in the QQ, and on the stereo in the juke) if I could work it out, I’m pretty sure it would sort the issue.
I have the wiring diagram for the later LCN already. Does anyone have: pin out/wiring diagram for the LCN1.5 in a facelift QQ with Bose?