Intelligent Key - Nissan

ICE, Equipment, Options
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just recently questions have been raised on the subject of Intelligent Keys and the Security Issues. Many questions are being raised with writeful concern regarding the New QQ which undoubtly is a large investment that can just disappear very quickly if you are unlucky. Again I am not a Pusher but the Pouches & Steering Lock advise is popping up everywhere cheap and easy - End. Here are a couple of attachments just to bring these points to mind - Dave 😊

“Yes, some car manufacturers are introducing preventative measures to help prevent keyless cars from being stolen. Kia are providing their own faraday bag that helps block the car signal. Ford Focus, Fiesta, BMW, Audi & Mercedes have introduced Motion Sensor Key Fobs.”

Prevent Keyless Car Theft (8 Quick Tips) & What Relay Theft is : https://www.locksmiths.co.uk/faq/keyless-car-theft/

Perfectly keyless for passenger cars : https://www.bosch-mobility-solutions.co ... y-keyless/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Squashy2

Post by Squashy2 »

Dave,
I believe for a small financial out lay for both a steering lock and two of the 'Faraday pouches' it is well worth it.
My Father in law has a Pulsar with the intelligent key and my Brother in law is due to pick up his 19 plate 1.3 DIG -T on Saturday again with intelligent key. After reading a previous post about theft/possible theft I have informed them both to get a lock and pouches for peace of mind.
Luckily we have the old fashioned key so relatively safe from the stealing scumbags.
2018 Acenta 1.2 DIG-T in Gunmetal grey.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

Previous QQ 2007 1.6 petrol Acenta (102K miles)
ilkka
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by ilkka »

Keyless car thefts aren't so common in Finland. Not yet at least. Last year only 10 cars were stolen with keyless theft technique.

My own car will be in the locked garage good 30 meters from where my keys are when I'm at home, so I'm not overly worried about this.
Current: Nissan Qashqai 2021 J12 1.3 MHEV 158 Xtronic 4WD Tekna+ (Magnetic Blue)
Previously: Nissan Qashqai 2008 J10 1.6 Acenta with glass roof
olafmol

Post by olafmol »

Hi all, i'm new to the forum but reading with great interest. As a new owner of a J11(b) Tekna i have read through the manuals, and i found the following solution for car-theft using the i-Key:

in the settings you can disable the door-opening buttons, this way car-thieves cannot remotely activate a signal to trigger your i-Key. Of course, now you need to use the i-Key itself to unlock the doors.

Hope this helps.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

We'd hope Nissan would have self recognised the weakness and/or the various Govt's told them to get it right. Looking at RAV4 offerings over last week I saw mention of key fob power save mode. Whatever that might mean? Certainly needs to have RF energy suspended as a user option.

Wondering if Nissan UK should be asked...or a dealer? Could be an embarrassing question.... :o
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

All manufacturers are experiencing the same issue where keyless is a feature
olafmol

Post by olafmol »

Buffy wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:11 am All manufacturers are experiencing the same issue where keyless is a feature
It's mostly an issue if your car is parked in front of your house. I live in a city where we park the car where there is room, so car's move around and are not necessarily in front of your house (or in the driveway), where the i-Key is.

Also, to trigger the key, you need to have a mechanism to trigger it, in the case of QQ this is the door-button. By disabling it, you can not trigger/activate the i-Key from outside, and thus prevent the thieves from amplifying any signal back to the car.

This is also why ADAC, who did a nice video on this, says that cars that require a press on the i-Key to unlock/open the doors, don't have this problem.
Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

Have to bear in mind cars have been easy prey fro thieves. Back in the 70's and 80's, a short piece of fuse wire would lift the locks on most cars through the door rubbers, so they moved the locks down to the inside handles. Low and behold someone found a half a tennis ball would unlock them and so on and so on. If it's worth stealing someone will find a way round the security devices. Just make sure you are covered on insurance :D
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

I suppose its possible to shut the key fob off with a redesign of the fob body. Akin to pulling its battery.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
olafmol

Post by olafmol »

calnorth wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:36 pm I suppose its possible to shut the key fob off with a redesign of the fob body. Akin to pulling its battery.
you don't need to shut the fob off, you can disable the door "buttons" in the car settings, this way thieves cannot trigger the i-Key to give a signal from outside. The only caveat is that you need to use your i-Key buttons to unlock the car.