Earth Fault?

ICE, Equipment, Options
marmate55
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by marmate55 »

I have a 2009 qashqai j10 2.0 petrol automatic. The problem started when the cruise control switched off when i indicated left. The garage said they found connectors loose in the high level rear brake light connector and thats why the rear brake light did not work ,but the cruise control thought i was braking and turned off.
Since then however when i indicate left the engine almost dies and the rev counter starts to drop and the engine shudder and unable to accelerate, also the abs and antislip and brake warning lights com on and stay on.
If i restart the engine it,s all fine , the lights may come back on but the car drives fine until i indicate left again. As soon as the indicator cancels all is well even with the instrument panel fault lights on.
Has anyone got any suggestions, i know this may be connected but my right hand rear brake light will not work even when i change the bulb.

Chappie85

Post by Chappie85 »

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Sounds like the early stages of my issues. Indicate left and cruise cuts out. I notice that when I lock the car their is a slight flash from the third break light so sounds similar. Thankfully no engine loss other than the loss of acceleration from cruise switching off. Weirdly cruise can switch off altogether if I decide to use it too soon after indicating left and then that’s it for the journey - no more cruise.