Sinosmart Android Head unit - UK Forum member offer

ICE, Equipment, Options
Maggio86
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Maggio86 »

I agree that Sinosmart after sales are very good. They have worked with me through the PA issue since day 1 and messaged me almost every day with new things to try. I FINALLY have PA working. It took a new Canbus and a few app updates from their side to fix but it's all up and working now.

As for the static noise. I also had that issue and the new cable they send fixes it. It's also very easy to replace.

I don't know what screen you have but mine doesn't go black with polarizing lenses on. I've just been out and tested it and can see fine. My DAB is also pretty good.

Also - it depends what Nav you're using as a lot of them you can set the volume in the app itself. I actually prefer driving with Nav volume off so never really need to adjust it.

Madmaus

Post by Madmaus »

Maggio86 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:54 am I agree that Sinosmart after sales are very good. They have worked with me through the PA issue since day 1 and messaged me almost every day with new things to try. I FINALLY have PA working. It took a new Canbus and a few app updates from their side to fix but it's all up and working now.

As for the static noise. I also had that issue and the new cable they send fixes it. It's also very easy to replace.

I don't know what screen you have but mine doesn't go black with polarizing lenses on. I've just been out and tested it and can see fine. My DAB is also pretty good.

Also - it depends what Nav you're using as a lot of them you can set the volume in the app itself. I actually prefer driving with Nav volume off so never really need to adjust it.
They send me a new cable for the bose (should fix the static noise) and a new loom. This had 2 wires reconnected so the PA should work.

They told me to change a setting in DABz that may fix the issue.
As for the polarizing problem, I tried 2 different glasses and they all have black issues.
Its actually not completely black but it sort of black shades? I really can see the screen without removing the sunglass.
Did you remove the screen protector (I mean the second one that's on the screen?)

20230924_095619.jpg

TamTam
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by TamTam »

Madmaus wrote:They send me a new cable for the bose (should fix the static noise)
Could you tell me what kind of cable it is please. I have the same problem with that static noise, it's in fact very quiet but it's still there in background :roll:
Madmaus

Post by Madmaus »

TamTam wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:28 pm
Madmaus wrote:They send me a new cable for the bose (should fix the static noise)
Could you tell me what kind of cable it is please. I have the same problem with that static noise, it's in fact very quiet but it's still there in background :roll:
They told me need this cable for bose.

Screenshot_20230925_112315_WhatsApp.jpg

Bigtrax

Post by Bigtrax »

Thinking of getting one also but, being a bit of a 'Wrinkly' do not understand all the technical stuff such as you fitting a Voxi Sim. I am more tham capable of fitting the head unit but struggling to understand if I have to run it through my smart phone having only 4gb of data which I hardly use. Help please
kingvald
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by kingvald »

Hi, just installed a Sinosmart unit (TS10) on my Qashqai +2 , Tekna + Bose, 2010. Amazing product for the price, everything works great...plug and play...except for one thing ...the mic. I installed the included mic but it is very bad....a lot if background noise..very difficult to hear me talk while driving. Any advice on how to improve/reduce noise? Any mic settings on the unit that can be tweaked?

Also, is it possible to reuse the original microphone, if so any advice on how to wire it to the unit?

Thanks
Qashqaye
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashqaye »

Hi folks

Im having issues with my head unit. Ive been sent a can box that had too many ports and doest correspond with what my 2014 j11 has.

I cannot find a plug for what would operate the reversing camera function.

I have attached an image of what my car has. Only 2 plugs.

But i have 3 ports on my can box wiring. Any help?

Screenshot_20230927_211808_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

chosan

Post by chosan »

Canbus connector comes from the loom attached to the HU not from the car. Reversing camera is connected with two yellow RCA connectors labeled resp. Cam Vin % Camera. They are both also in the
HU loom.
BTucks91

Post by BTucks91 »

kingvald wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:02 pm Hi, just installed a Sinosmart unit (TS10) on my Qashqai +2 , Tekna + Bose, 2010. Amazing product for the price, everything works great...plug and play...except for one thing ...the mic. I installed the included mic but it is very bad....a lot if background noise..very difficult to hear me talk while driving. Any advice on how to improve/reduce noise? Any mic settings on the unit that can be tweaked?

Also, is it possible to reuse the original microphone, if so any advice on how to wire it to the unit?

Thanks
I had this issue, but I was plugging the mic into the aux socket on the back of the head unit itself. Then I noticed in the wiring loom a black aux socket in there that the mic plugged into. Since then it’s been fine
BTucks91

Post by BTucks91 »

I have a J10 with the 360 camera. Now the reverse cameras work when in reverse. But I can’t seem to get the front camera working. Does anyone know if there is an app that can load all the camera up without being in reverse? Or how I get that camera as well