Sinosmart Android Head unit - UK Forum member offer

ICE, Equipment, Options
Qashaimark
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashaimark »

Hi.

has anyone change the android logo on start up?
It says to save the logo in the mycar file in the root directory of U disc?? not a clue

Is there anyway to have the unit boot up quicker? Android screen then google animation....

Added Agama Launcher which is nice, any other apps people would recommend?

Thanks for all your help on this
Nissan Qashqai N-Connecta Dig-T
Year: 2017 - November 67 plate

Maggio86
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Maggio86 »

iceze wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:28 pm
Maggio86 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:38 pm I assume you lose the speed signs on the centre display as the built in sat nav has been taken away? it does read some but has a blank sign most of the time now?
Yes, turn by turn will be lost. Speed signs on the VID will work when the front camera picks up a speed sign, but the car will not know a roads "default" speed. The Nissan Satnav previously supplied that. So starting up the car or not coming across a speed sign for a long time will mean no road speed gets shown.

Me personally, I keep Waze/Satnav on 99% of the time, so always have that info.
Thanks. What are your settings for the Park Assist? what vehicle do you choose in Canbus? I can press the PA button but then nothing really works when it comes on.
KR1-S

Post by KR1-S »

Omy wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:32 pm and while I'm complaining there is a constant background hiss while nothing is playing. if I set the volume to 0 it goes away. I'm assuming it's sending an already amplified signal, but I have a bose system which should require just the unamplified signal.

Can't really see enough line out connections on the back to rewire.

any ideas on how to get it to work properly?

anyone with bose here facing the same issue?
Yes, I could also hear the interference at low volumes when the unit was receiving updates from the mobile network similar to when you place your mobile phone near a speaker and take a call (I have sim card installed in my head unit).

Installing ferrite chokes on the cables within the main loom that have RCA connectors on the end fixed this problem. I bought them from here:-

Madmaus

Post by Madmaus »

Are there any members with an J11b and working Park Assist?
I've been reading that there might be an problem with park assist with the J11b?
GlennMiller60

Post by GlennMiller60 »

dvu_74 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:28 pm I got it (8G-128) 4 days earlier than I expected. I got it actually in 4 days since I ordered. Set it up in about an hour. It’s working perfectly. I’ve inserted a Voxi SIM, and the 4G signal is stable.
I’ve set up many apps like email, YouTube, IPTV, Plex, video player, Netflix, Google maps, Waze, online radio etc.
It starts in just 2 seconds after the engine start. I mean, it is fully operational in 2 secs. If you’ve been playing a video before parking, it will start itself after the engine start. You can split the screen. DAB radio wasn’t working by the beginning. I had to update the DAB app from the google store, and now it’s working fine.
"Was wondering if the following are working fine : collision warning light, traffic sign recognition, blind spot warning, Lane assist?" all working
tempImage8OTGUe.gif
IMG_5071.jpg
tempImage16QkBw.gif
:cry:
Hello my name is Glenn I am very impressed with how you have set up your unit and would like to do the same to mine, please do you have any videos or pictures or instructions of how you did it thank
Glenn1961

Post by Glenn1961 »

Hi mate, I set mine up from watching the YouTube videos, bit hesitant at first but everything went ok and it works perfectly.
TamTam

Post by TamTam »

Does anyone know how to hard reset the unit?
Maggio86

Post by Maggio86 »

Madmaus wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:58 am Are there any members with an J11b and working Park Assist?
I've been reading that there might be an problem with park assist with the J11b?
Mine doesn't work. Currently on with Sinosmart about it now. They have sent me a new Canbus which arrived today, tried it but still the same.
Madmaus

Post by Madmaus »

Maggio86 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:55 pm
Madmaus wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:58 am Are there any members with an J11b and working Park Assist?
Mine doesn't work. Currently on with Sinosmart about it now. They have sent me a new Canbus which arrived today, tried it but still the same.
Ah that bad. They told me it would work with a new canbus and so I orders it.
They also told me they are working with someone to fix it, that would probably be you then.

I also found a YouTube video of someone with the same problems.
I really hoped it would work now. Don't know if I would ordered if I knew it was broken still.
Maggio86

Post by Maggio86 »

Madmaus wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:32 pm
Maggio86 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:55 pm
Ah that bad. They told me it would work with a new canbus and so I orders it.
They also told me they are working with someone to fix it, that would probably be you then.

I also found a YouTube video of someone with the same problems.
I really hoped it would work now. Don't know if I would ordered if I knew it was broken still.
It probably is me as they contact me every day with new things to try - but nothing has worked yet. I have a new test to try today but i'm starting to lose hope it will ever work to be honest.