Satnav V Tomtom

ICE, Equipment, Options
White Tekna

Post by White Tekna »

Hi just wondering if satnav in new Tekna is as good as my Tomtom live which is very reliable

Spinal

Post by Spinal »

No idea about tomtom, but based on what I saw over a 3 day rental of a '14-plate tekna, it wasn't reliable at all.Some seem to have good results, some don't... there's a thread somewhere I started...here it is:http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... 391.htmlAs you can see, a mixed bag :)
mrlazy

Post by mrlazy »

Had my QQ Tekna for a week now -Sat Nav not half as good as TomTom. Some of the routes it takes/suggests are plain weird. Also, you can't zoom in to street level that close either, fussy of me I know . It feels 'antiquated' compared to my old TT
White Tekna

Post by White Tekna »

Hopefully in near future Nissan will bring out software fix
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

Unlikely, although I found the satnav adequate in my QQs they never got close to TomTom 2007 - 13
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

No problems with our new Connect and works well. However, do not expect the level of sophistication that comes with higher end units from TomTom, such as live traffic etc.
F1 Bob2014-08-29 08:45:58
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
DaveL

Post by DaveL »

I've been driving my QQ Tekna CVT for just over a month and today I had cause to use the Satnav.First off, it told me the location I sought was not accessible by car. Then it dumped me in the town square, telling me I had reached my destination. It took a bit of finding and a near 300m walk from where I managed to park, pretty close to where it made the announcement. I was surprised to see the number of cars parked in the street outside my destination. So much for being inaccessible to cars. What I then noticed was I could only enter a destination by postcode or city. I could not enter a street name as it was greyed out.On arrival home, I fired up my old TomTom and gave it the same details as given to the QQ Satnav. The Tomtom produced a route that took me to the road right outside the destination.It looks like I'll still have to keep the TomTom on the dashboard in the QQ. It's a PPP by the Bosch Satnav that, I believe, costs many orders of magnitude for an annual upgrade, vs TomTom's 4 updates a year.DaveL
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Or use a smartphone with something like Sygic (which can project up onto the windscreen as a H.U.D) or Waze which is free and constantly updated by its users.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

[quote="DaveL"] I've been driving my QQ Tekna CVT for just over a month and today I had cause to use the Satnav.

First off, it told me the location I sought was not accessible by car.A  Then it dumped me in the town square, telling me I had reached my destination.A  It took a bit of finding and a near 300m walk from where I managed to park, pretty close to where it made the announcement.A  I was surprised to see the number of cars parked in the street outside my destination.A  So much for being inaccessible to cars.A  What I then noticed was I could only enter a destination by postcode or city.A  I could not enter a street name as it was greyed out.

On arrival home, I fired up my old TomTom and gave it the same details as given to the QQ Satnav.A  The Tomtom Iproduced a route that took me to the road right outside the destinatio
It looks like I'll still have to keep the TomTom on the dashboard in the QQ.A  It's a PPP by the Bosch Satnav that, I believe, costs many orders of magnitude for an annual upgrade, vs TomTom's 4 updates a year.

DaveL
[/QUOTE]

I don't understand this. I have put in postcode and been taken there have put in exact address an d taken right to the door. I'm not saying it as good as tom tom as I don't have one but it has always taken me to where I want to go.
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

Yes that what I meant, always done what was needed of it, just doesnt have a lot of the bells & whistles of TT most of which I wouldnt use.
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2