Apple Carplay

ICE, Equipment, Options
White Tekna

Post by White Tekna »

Hi guys only weak point in my opinion is connect system and audio
I think nissan will be addressing the audio soon
The connect system is hit and miss good but not great
I've heard rumour that Apple Carplay will be integrated into Nissan vehicles.
If this happens it will be game changer
Connect system is only thing that takes smile of your face
So come on Nissan put the smile back on our faces

duncho

Post by duncho »

Connect is running on Linux, so anything is possible but Nissan has a final word to say whether they want to have this or not. In addition Connect supports all those apps you could see somewhere on youtube, as TripAdvisor, Tweeter, TuneIn..., but Nissan has never brought this to its customers as the 3rd party app developer contracted by Nissan has some issues that they were not able to solve till today
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
chrisnewbold

Post by chrisnewbold »

Nissan have committed to car play. I can't see any reason why the existing system can't handle it as an upgrade as it appears to be essentially a modified version of the phone OS mirrored on the touchscreen. However I have a feeling it won't be treated as a simple upgrade, but will be a feature on new vehicles.
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

Apple are advertising that Nissan have agreed to take Carplay along with a raft of other manufacturers. It will only work with the iPhone 5 and above
1.6 DCI CVT Xtronic, Ink Blue, Front city bar, Rear city bar, Front bumper streamer, Side steps, Wind deflectors, Rear boot lid sill protector, Polished door sill protectors, Mudflaps, Sharks fin
Alekos

Post by Alekos »

i wonder if it will be possible for people without the Connect system to install this new Alpine Carplay system...http://alpine-usa.com/product/view/carplay-ilx-007