LED Headlights on Tekna

ICE, Equipment, Options
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

I don't get flashed but haven't noticed any auto-dipping, so I don't think they go on to full beam at any time. If they did go on to full beam should I see the blue light on the dashboard? It has never come on, other than if I switch to manual operation.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

To enable auto dipping main beam you need to: 1. Have the stalk set to Auto lights (this allows the car to decide when to switch the dipped beam on).2. Push the stalk forward into the main beam position. Don't worry, you wont suddenly blind anybody and again the car will decide when to use the main beam now you have told it to use it3. If memory serves me right, there are 2 lights, one with a little A in it which says main beam auto is switched on, then another light when auto main beam is on.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Correct, two lights - one green, one blue. Have been flashed a couple of times but put it down to the nature of the LED lighting being a brighter projection.The auto dipping only happens if no other light source is detected. So you need to be on an unlit road after dark with no traffic in front of you or approaching. As said you do need to have lights in auto position with main beam active.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

Aaah, I've only used it in dipped position.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
Jhare

Post by Jhare »

Update on the headlights. I've been to the dealer this morning and the service manager popped the car onto the headlight alignment machine. The lights were set a little high in the factory. A couple of screw adjustments under the bonnet and all was sorted. Hopefully a more comfortable drive to work next week. I was beginning to understand what it must be like to be hounded by the Paparazzi with all the flashes from the oncoming drivers!
2014 Tekna 1.2 DIG-T in Magnetic Red
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

I don't have my QQ yet , but when I do get it I will most certainly be checking the LED headlights.
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

Hi guys,

Sorry to resurrect and old topic, I've had the same problem with the headlights on my 2016 Tekna since I've had it, i.e. the low beam seems to be far too high and occasionally oncoming vehicles will flash their headlights at me. As to the auto-levelling I don't know whether this works or not, the beams don't seem to move at all? Is there any way of checking this out? I've had previous cars with auto levelling and you can actually see the beams move up and down very gently, in particular when you pull up in traffic behind a stationary car you can see the beams bob slightly up and down. Not sure it works the same with LED headlights though.

I might have a go at adjusting them, I've read it's the white screw/allen key on top of the headlight, I assume it's just a matter of finding a blank wall and go from there to drop the beam a bit. It's funny that it seems quite a common problem?
J11-2016 Tekna 1.5dCi Bronze Metallic