Headlights LED problem,cannot find fuse

ICE, Equipment, Options
sharkman

Post by sharkman »

Hi all,

I have a problem with my LED headlights and cannot find any solution....
The right headlight suddenly blinks ....ok I thought it was an easy problem...went to the dealer to replace it....
Even if we changed it with the a new one...the problem persists.....when we used "simple" lights they worked fine....
The major problem is that we cannot find the fuse for headlights.....I managed to find lots of diagrams but none with headlights fuse.
Also the manual is a crap.... they say nothing about fuses ....

Does anyone knows or have a diagram with the fuses for headlights or have any idea for this problem???

Ps:sorry for my bad English..... It's been a long time ....
Qashqai J11 1.5D Accenta

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I know there are a bunch of fuses behind the glove box, however I don't think they would house the fuse for the head light, that will more than likely exist in the engine area. Usually the fuse box is located next to, or close to the battery. However, is there a reason for looking for the fuse? It sounds like that is intact with the fact a 'normal' light (I assume you mean halogen/xenon) and that the fault maybe elsewhere. I would have thought if the fuse was bad then the normal headlight would have issues as I would presume they would draw more current compared to LED. Does the light flash when in "auto lights" mode AND manual mode, or just auto or manual only?
sharkman

Post by sharkman »

the "weird" is that only the right light flash...and yes it flashes in auto&manual mode.the technician told me that in the previous Qashqai there were separate fuse for head lights (left & right) .it seems that with halogen it doesnt need so much energy and thats why it doesnt have any problem with them...only with xenon has the problem...and it started yesterday....the fuse box doesnt have any fuse "marked" as lights except of a fuse "rev.light" which i assume is for the reverse light.the rest of the fuse boxes that we found (next to the driver and co-driver door) had not any "mark" for headlights....
Qashqai J11 1.5D Accenta
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I think I am missing something here. If you have LED headlights I presume you have a 2014 (J11) QQ . As such any problem like this is covered by the Nissan warranty and it is for the dealer/Nissan to sort this out. Why spend time trying to fix this yourself?
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
sharkman

Post by sharkman »

because the dealer cannot find out how to fix this.....The funny part of this story is that he dont know where is the fuse for headlights....and from the central service department of Nissan told him...."who needs xenon?tell him to use halogen"So the dealer said that he will try to find out a solution......Thats why i am trying to find where is the problem and speed up the procedure....
Qashqai J11 1.5D Accenta
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Could it be something simple like a loose/dodgy connection or broken wire in the RH light loom?
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I think you are getting confused between Xenon and LED here. If the rain holds off when I go to my car on my way home, I will take a quick peak to see what I can see. You may want to consider downloading the QQ's sister car ESM (Electronic Service Manual), called the Rouge as presently there is no "public" version available for the QQ. Although not identical, there are a LOT of similarities so may give you some guidance as to where to start looking.
SplanK2014-10-23 19:48:57
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Think you mean the US Rogue model?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

There is the main fusebox behind the glovebox and i'm fairly certain i saw something about a second fuse box behind the drivers side dashboard "end cap" but nobody seemed to know what it was for.I would have assumed the dealer knew it existed but it isn't listed in any of the documentation i've seen i just recall that someone mentioned it been there.
Nissan no more...
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

A Nissan dealer would know surelyThey can pick the phone up and ring Sunderland if they had toId drop it off with them and take a curtosey car maybe that might speed them upIf the car has a flickering headlight then its not road legal simple as that