Headlights LED problem,cannot find fuse

ICE, Equipment, Options
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I asked the dealer about that second fuse box by the drivers side dashboard and was advised, "best leave it alone". They at the time had no detail as to what the fuses covered, maybe a few months down the line the may now
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

sharkman

Post by sharkman »

When you are saying behind glovebox I guess you mean the one that it's at codriver door opening?
Qashqai J11 1.5D Accenta
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Yes one is behind the glovebox, when you open it you will see a small rectangular cover that can be removed for access "I don't think so" unless you have the hands the size of a 10 year old. These seem to be all the normal fuses. The other fuse box on the drivers side of the dashboard when you remove the cover but there is no detail of what these fuses cover. This is the one I referred to earlier that the dealer knew nothing about.Has anyone actually discovered what these fuses are for?
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
sharkman

Post by sharkman »

Yes I have checked both "interior" fuseboxes and the one next to engine but none of them have a fuse saying something about headlights....
Qashqai J11 1.5D Accenta
Brill

Post by Brill »

I thought on a lot of modern cars headlights are protected by trips/cutouts, rather than fuses. This gives less chance of losing your lights 'accidentally'. It could be, if this is so, that it is tripping, then resetting, then tripping etc. This would give the effect of going off and on, and the off/on period would probably be different for different bulb types because of different current draw. These would look like a relay, rather than a fuse, so, has anybody found the relays? There must be loads of them somewhere.........
PS There could well be one for each headlight, which would explain why only one is failingBrill2014-10-23 22:41:07
1.6 DCI CVT Acenta Premium September 2014
duncho

Post by duncho »

I'm reading your post on mobile so cannot see your signature what car you have. I assume Qashqai J11 1.6dCi Tekna. Well on LHD model, LED headlight fuses are situated under the air intake plastic hose, where 2 plastic square shape boxes are located. Remove rear part hose from air filter box and the other end from the front part hose. Unscrew 10mm bolt screw holding front part of the hose and two removable plastic clips holding air intake to upper front grill. After then unlock 4 side holders on both boxes. In the box closer to front windscreen you find what you looking for.

PS:
You find there headlight relays as well. duncho2014-10-24 00:42:00
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
sharkman

Post by sharkman »

Do you know which relays and fuses are for the headlights in this fusebox?I opened it and couldn't find something for headlights.there were only ony fuse for rev-lights...Could you please send me a pic of your fusebox or from any diagram that mark the headlights fuses-relays?
Qashqai J11 1.5D Accenta
duncho

Post by duncho »

I have no my car with me as I'm abroad in UK right now, but I should have taken photo in past. Will check for you.

F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

You can't tell me that Nissan do not know where the fuses are on their own vehicle. That is just rubbish. The dealer should be talking to Nissan technical. MEANWHILE LEAVE THE CAR WITH THE DEALER AS UNSAFE TO DRIVE AT NIGHT AND TAKE THEIR LOAN CAR.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
duncho

Post by duncho »

I was searching that information and photos for you since the morning, but don't have it on company computer so I checked service manual for you. Well, according to the manual it seems that LED headlights are powered directly by IPDM Intelligent Power Distribution Module. See attached diagram. I hope it helps... I gotta go back to work now. Cheers

duncho2014-10-24 09:54:28