Nissan Connect Ipod issues ?

ICE, Equipment, Options
tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

Anyone using an Ipod with the Nissan Connect ?Sometimes mine will play ok but then other times I can be listening to an album and the next song will change to a totally different album but it goes to the song on that new album that alphabetically follows what I was listening to previously ??It's as if the Ipod goes from playing the album I selected to when you select SONGS on the Connect menu and it plays all the songs from the Ipod but in alphabetical order.It is very hard to replicate this to the dealer as it is totally random when it does it. I have also tried 2 different Ipods included my current one which was brand new in September.
Nissan Qashqai 1.6 dci Tekna

Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Isn't it the iPod that sends the data to the Nissan? If so, I suspect it to be an issue with your iPod rather than the Connect head unit.
tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

Read my post again.................. I've tried 2 Ipod's including a brand new one purchased last in September !!
tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

Also using the Genuine cables supplied with the Ipods
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Why not just use s USB stick, I have a 32gb one in mine which works flawlessly showing artist, album and the CD cover in full colour and there are thousands of tracks available
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
kawolskijoe

Post by kawolskijoe »

Yes, I've had the exact same problem, and a recent update to my connect firmware hasn't fixed it. For me it plays the next song alphabetically out of ALL the songs on my ipod. If you tap the next track button on the steering wheel it will then play the correct track. As suggested I now use a USB, but it's still v. annoying that something as popular and prevalent as an ipod (touch) won't work properly.

kawolskijoe2014-11-06 16:29:40
2014 Qashqai 1.5 dci Acenta Premium
tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

[quote="kawolskijoe"]Yes, I've had the exact same problem, and a recent update to my connect firmware hasn't fixed it. For me it plays the next song alphabetically out of ALL the songs on my ipod. If you tap the next track button on the steering wheel it will then play the correct track. As suggested I now use a USB, but it's still v. annoying that something as popular and prevalent as an ipod (touch) won't work properly.

[/QUOTE]
That is exactly what happens to mine. The Nissan Connect is what I have posted before - buggy at best !!