Traffic Messages; here today, gone tomorrow

ICE, Equipment, Options
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

When I have radio selected it's normally DAB.Some days when I click on Traffic Messages option on Connect, I get a full screen and more on following pages, for further away areas. Recently all I get is zero information, indicating no traffic events in your area; any one else notice this? I recall on my old TomTom that had RDS Traffic alerts, this was very intermittent too, but gather thatwas down to broadcaster failings rather than the TT hardware. Recall it was transmitted on 102.2 generally the Classic FM frequency, but don't know on DAB channels.
Gel2014-11-06 13:01:13
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I believe (please correct if I am wrong here...) that the system is different to that of RDS but is based on the same ideas (IE broadcasting data via a radio channel). If reception is a bit iffy anyway then it maybe sporadic in operation. I notice mine takes a while to show info after starting. I hardly use mine to be honest, there have been a number of times where the M61 has been blocked for hours and traffic is hideous in Bolton/surround areas but nothing on the traffic report system! It also relies on GPS signal to give it an idea as to where you are and display accordingly. If that's not functional (IE you are sat in a tunnel....) or miss reporting it could go a bit funny!