Electric Windows deactivate button.

ICE, Equipment, Options
bluedav

Post by bluedav »

I'm new to this forum but couldn't find a discussion on about the electric Windows.Everything about my new Qashqai is great except one (very) small thing......When you deactivate the Windows from the button at the drivers door it stops you from using the buttons also at the drivers door, this can sometimes be a pain especially when your child is holding down the button at there door as your trying to put it back up.I know the previous model didn't do this, does anyone know if this is software or hardware that controls the function of the button?
Nissan Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.5 Gunmetal Grey 14 plate

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Lol sounds like you gotta use the old fashioned way like my mum taught us as kidsKeep a walking stick in the carAs far as I know not seen a unit like your asking although did notice if you lock windowns they locked for everyone other than drivers window but not read anyone needing to add a kit to over ride thisNot sure if you can remove door panel and disconnet the button so it cant be used from rear allowing the driver to lower windows?
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

That seems like a pretty extreme measure to me (disconnecting the rear windows not the walking stick lol)
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I always deactivate the windows using this button as my dogs have a habit of standing on the rear buttons whilst looking out of the windows and opening them. I am sure this button does not stop the drivers window opening as I have had the window open and close with the button deactivated, but I will check this out again to be sure
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Hitting deactive only deactivates all the windows except for the drivers buttons so drivers one will openStill do not understand the OP post, as why would rear windows ever be opened with kids in back, the car has reasonable ventilationWalking stick will do the job, I never argued or defied my Mum whilst she was driving... and I remember the only time I ever did
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

I think what the op needs to do is deactivate the windows once they are in the desired position, be that closed or partially open. Then activate them to change their position from the driver's seat and hope that the back seat passenger (be it human or canine) doesn't try to move it in the brief period they are active. It's not possible to have the rear window buttons deactivated in the rear but operable from the driver's position, which is what he wants.
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Donkey"] I never argued or defied my Mum whilst she was driving... and I remember the only time I ever did[/QUOTE]
Didn't realise that Model T Fords had electric windows Donkey
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Was next model after the model T mate I remember it so wellAustin Cambridge, choke pulled out handbag hanging from it, even in those days a smell of mould and leather I dont remember there having any seatbelts but that didnt matter 5 of us lined up the back seat Ive no idea how our generation survived without seatbelts heated seats LEDs and winter tyres, A sunday drive would be done and if you achieved 100 miles without a breakdown then these cars were considered super reliable, us kids sleeping in back with parents who had a sunday wet lunch drove home singingMan those were the days
duncho

Post by duncho »

:) guys, I'm not native English, but could clearly understood what Bluedav tries to say, how come you have difficulties? He explains, after the windows lock is activated it locks all the windows, driver's including (which shouldn't of course). If so, the electronics under the windows switches seems to be faulty. I have no reason to doubt his query, I'm sure he wouldn't waste his time to post something that isn't true.
duncho2014-11-12 18:34:41
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

My apologiesI understood what OP was saying, and bieng probably a obnoxiousHes findings are same as ours when driver locks the window then all but drivers side can control the windowsIn 10 months of car launched its never been an issueWhat I meant to say but was bieng polite was control your kids when in back of car and this wouldnt be a problemObviously dogs standing on switch lol you cant odds that one but its a realy trivial feature that when windows locked only driver can control the windows by unlockingI miss the feature of locking car and windows closing thats been around since the 80s especialy when in Spain used to be lovely opening the car and windows before entering it