Fitting rear proximity kit to Acentia women bleep

ICE, Equipment, Options
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

Well the new Acentia does not come with the rear warning bleepers so I bought a kit from ebay for £8.99 delivered....just the bleep version not the dash display.Well the kit is easy to fit and works well but getting a supply from the reversing lights is a total pig.The wire colour is light green ..removing the cover from the underside of the tailgate is a total pig and not as easy as shown in the handbook so I did not bother.The only easy access to the green is inside the rubber gater running from the tailgate to the body..not an ideal location to make a connection but thats not the problem.The metal structure around the tailgate surround is a number of sealed compartments and you cannot get a wire from the upper left where the rubber gater is down to the luggage area.Pull off the plastic surround on the left above the parcel shelf (well half pull off ) and the top fixing clip goes into the same area as the rubber gater. No other holes so I had to drill a 1/4 hole adjacent to the clip hole to get my cables through.There is a grommet at the extreeme rear LHS in the boot floor to bring cables in through.(not the one above the exhaust) Remove the plastic boot floor support to get under the carpet.The two central blanks on the bumper are no problem to drill and no problem on the extreeme corners of the rear bumper. I attached the cables to the bottom edge with cable ties ..small ones.To control the rubber gater whilst you work pull out both ends and put a cable tie through and close it up ..this will keep it out the way whilst you solder

pistnbroke2014-11-29 14:29:33