Towbar wiring on 2014 ??

ICE, Equipment, Options
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

Fitted the towbar to the pre 14 ok without taking off the rear valance and the wiring was along the top of the left hand chassis rail not problem then.But the 2014 seems to have the wiring high up below the rear window ..a pig to get at.Is there a socket ready fitted ? Looks like I shall go straight into the rear light clusters even if I have to drill a hole into the body to get the wires through.It looks like the old towbar will fit and more space behind the silencer to fit it .will let you know in the spring .

duncho

Post by duncho »

Yes there are connectors prepared for fitting towbar module, no need to cut anything. I wrote (on below link) about cheap and fully supported module (Jaeger), which also comes with wiring and towbar socket. It's top product on the market. Jaeger also supplies car makers with OE towbar kits. Mine cost me about a‚¬54,- Linkduncho2014-11-30 10:00:24
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

thanks for that but where are they located in the rear area?That might have been useful for fitting the women bleepers if it had a reverse cable to it !!!
pistnbroke2014-11-30 09:54:07
duncho

Post by duncho »

Check my link I added above. When you open the trunk it's on your left hand side behind the left rear light.

duncho

Post by duncho »

:) still I'm curious why do you want to install a backup beeper? Qashqai is not a Milk truck ;)

pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

No women bleepers for when reversing the Acentia 14 does not have them
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Pistnbroke, I think you misunderstood duncho's question.
What is tye need for a reversing beeper? If youre going to add one then why not go the whole hog and fit a beeper to tye indicators as well? If all cars had both of these then they would serve no purpose as no one would take any notice of tgem.
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

Women bleepers are those 4 sensors on the back of the car that tell you when you get near to an object behind you ..the bleep rate increases the closer you get .Now the 2014 Acentia does not have them so I fitted them ....got it ?