Cruise Control Not Working

ICE, Equipment, Options
chrisman

Post by chrisman »

Thank you all for your responses. kineflire your suggestion cracked it! I must have had my foot resting on the clutch cos when I made a point of not doing it I got it to work.duncho - speed wasn't the problem...not that kind of speed anyway lol.cheers all.Chris

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Something else just to add... minimum speed for CC is 25mph :)
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

My cruise control and speed limiter stopped working yesterday (Friday the 13th!) Well, the buttons for each function work, but the up/down switch that actually sets the speeds doesn't. At the same time my mpg has worsened by 5-6 mpg so I am wondering if my dCi is doing a regen and that the cruise/speed controls are rendered inoperative during the process. Anyone seen this before? The car has only done 2,600 miles and is an auto, so no foot-on-the-clutch solution this time!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Hound, I know you're probably too familiar with the system for this to be the problem but i'll put it out there anyway for "newer" owners.

I was stumped by the cruise control on my QQ when I first got it. I didn't realise the initially you have to choose a "lower" speed before going back up the dial for the switches to work e.g you're travelling at 60mph but want to set the cruise at 70. First you have to select under 60mph (59mph) before then going up to 70mph. Well, that's how it works on my QQ anyway!
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
Hound

Post by Hound »

Beardy, mine would just set at whatever the current speed was, with a downward flip of the switch. You could then tweak it up and down in 1mph increments to reach your exact setting. Or accelerate to that speed and reset. But now the acc/reset/set switch is doing nothing and the cruise control symbol doesn't turn green. Strange.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Does this help you to understand the settings. Mine has functioned just as Hound mentioned and as yet touch wood no Hiccups - Dave 8-)

IMG_0428.PNG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound

Post by Hound »

I just pulled a fault code from the car's computer (P0096 - an air temperature sensor) and interestingly a fellow member has had exactly the same fault on his QQ, which is the same age and spec as mine, down to the colour. If there was a faulty batch of sensors then it may be useful for QQ owners to be aware of the potential problem. More info here; viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3408
montimar

Post by montimar »

My car had the same problem. The service centre replaced a temperature sensor which fixed the problem.
This happened 6 months ago and I have had no further problems.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
Hound

Post by Hound »

Thanks for the extra info Montimar!
Makara

Post by Makara »

Beardyman wrote:Hound, I know you're probably too familiar with the system for this to be the problem but i'll put it out there anyway for "newer" owners.

I was stumped by the cruise control on my QQ when I first got it. I didn't realise the initially you have to choose a "lower" speed before going back up the dial for the switches to work e.g you're travelling at 60mph but want to set the cruise at 70. First you have to select under 60mph (59mph) before then going up to 70mph. Well, that's how it works on my QQ anyway!
On mine, you push the cruise control button and when you’re at the speed you want, push the set button. If you want to set a higher speed than you’re currently going, you do the above and push the + to increase the speed – but you do have to do it fairly slowly otherwise the system will reject the increase (I assume to prevent the CC system accelerating too hard). If you set more than about 3mph over the current speed it will jump back to the current speed.

I've never had to set it to a lower speed.
2014 Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T Tekna