Is the stop/start fault a quick fix ?

ICE, Equipment, Options
wooders

Post by wooders »

My qashqai has finally fell victim of the stop /start fault .Is this a quick and easy repair at the dealers as ive been told I will have to wait for upto 2hours whist they check the car and would give no further information and to really nark me off they said I will have to wait 2 weeks before I can be seen and will only do it as a waiting appointment.
-2014 Qashqai 1.5 dci Tekna   -   

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Depends what you mean by "fault".Is it a permanent failure or does it clear on engine restart?
Nissan no more...
wooders

Post by wooders »

Its stays on all the time now ,well it has been on for the last 5 times when started.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="wooders"]
Its stays on all the time now ,well it has been on for the last 5 times when started.[/QUOTE] what does that mean? Probably being a bit daft on my part so it would help if you were to explain what is normal to you? The SS is subject to a host of inputs before it will operate (stop the engine).. So, if you mean yours rarely stops...
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
wooders

Post by wooders »

maybe its me not explaining myself very well but hopefully the picture will explain it better .get this message every time I start the car : 20150203_175540 (1) by wood5100, on Flickr
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

That's very clear, not that I have the answer. I'm not even sure if we have seen this before on the Forum no doubt DUNCHO is the man to offer some insight as to the cause and from there the solution. Not surprised that your dealer needs some time though - it might be quick but as previously said there are a lot of inputs to that.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Joe67

Post by Joe67 »

We had the same fault The dealership said they fitted a relay Car was in garage for two days. ( they didn't have the relay )

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

wooders, I did question my Dealer but it was said they had not seen this before, but it only happened once and has not come back, perhaps the reason was as Alleycat mentioned but I tried and there was no reaction -Dave

I had a similiar problem here is my and Alleycat's comment :

Posted under "Main QQ Discussions" / "Problems"
DaveBerlin 26 Jan
ivelina, looks like you passed the Bug to me. I was driving home this morning and the following happened never seen it or had it happen before exactly as you mentioned. I stopped shut the engine down re-started and the fault was gone. I shall no doubt be going to my second home tomorrow to just ask the question why !. I have just driven the QQ for 10 Kms and all was OK so here we go "intermittent fault". - Dave

AlleyCat 26 Jan
Probably not related but i have found a definitive way to make the stop/start fail with an "auto stop" error and a looped arrow.This will do it every time:-Start the car and continue to hold the clutch down.Engage first but don't pull away straight away (such as waiting to be let out).Eventually set off and go about my journey for a few minutes.Start to slow down and "ping" stop/start failure with this auto stop error and green looped arrow.Turn the ignition off and back on and voila it all works again (so long as i don't do as above).Incidentally i i let the clutch up after starting the car, then re-engage it and select first it doesn't do this no matter how long i take to pull out into traffic.It's a repeatbale phenomena on mine at least.Other than that i've never had a failure of the system. None of the kicking the pedals, riding the clutch or other possibiities.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I seem to remember that there was an issue last year with stop start which involved fitting a new sensor somewhere that detects neutral on the gears and then allows SS to activate. This was replaced on some cars and rsolved the problem. May not be the same thing but worth checking perhaps?
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Based on previous reports i'd be inclined to agree with Bob.
Nissan no more...