Mystery beeping

ICE, Equipment, Options
Squierrel

Post by Squierrel »

Every now and then I hear in my car a burst of short beeps, like warning beeps, but in very low volume, barely audible. There are no associated lights litting up anywhere, no messages on any screen. All the driving aids work normally giving audible beeps and associated graphics on-screen when necessary.Any idea what triggers these softer mystery beeps?I can hear them while driving but also when the power is on, but the engine hasn't started. If the sound isn't an electronic beep, but a mechanical squeak instead, then I guess it must come from the air conditioning or fuel pump. AFAIK, they are the only moving parts in a power on - engine off situation.
1.6 dCi130 Xtronic Business 360

ragna

Post by ragna »

Squierrel i get a bleep about every 1/4 mile on mine very faint with heater on low or the radio on low you cant hear it it seems to go of after a while ive got so used to it and as its so faint i dont always notice it,cant say i get it with the power on or the engine running. Dont know what causes it also it only one bleep at a time so may not be the same thing.
2014 QQ 1.2 Accenta Premium, Storm White
Squierrel

Post by Squierrel »

My mystery beeps have become more frequent lately. Today I noticed that the beeps are actually coming from outside of the car. I really wonder what is the point and purpose of these outside beeps. Who are they supposed to warn about what?
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Is yours an early model? I know there is an update to the alarm system so wonder if it has something to do with that?
Squierrel

Post by Squierrel »

My car was made in late July and I do not have any alarm system in it. The beeping is not very loud, like a theft alarm would be, just loud enough to be heard over an idling engine.
manning

Post by manning »

Could it be the lane departure warning? Or maybe the blindspot warning?
Squierrel

Post by Squierrel »

No, it is not either of them. They beep inside the car and show associated lights or on-screen graphics.My mystery beeper is outside the cabin, probably somewhere in the engine compartment.
Spencer247
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Spencer247 »

Has anyone come up with a solution to this? My Qashqai has started with the same issue. Searching the internet this is the only reference to it I can find...
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

speed camera warning? That produces a few beeps but the only visible indication is a tiny little camera icon that pops up in the lower right of the nav display that is very easy to miss. Similar with the going round a sharp bend warning.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
alpinesprite
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by alpinesprite »

Hi All
I have a 15 plate QashQai. Lovely car.

Mine has started with the mystery bleeps.

Not the Blind spot warning or any of the others that show on the dash.

This is the noise you get if you lock it to quickly or hold the key lock button down when its running.

Bleepy bleepy bleep bleep. (Quite but from an alarm)

Mine seems to just randomly chirp when I'm driving nothing to do with speed cameras or lane alarm just a random chirrup chirrup chirrup.

Irritating. But not irritating enough to pay the £108 that my local dealer want just to look at it.

Grrrrr bleepy bleepy bleep bleep GRRRRRRR.