Connect resetting itself every few minutes

ICE, Equipment, Options
benlis

Post by benlis »

I took delivery of my new qashqai tekna yesterday, however there seems to be an issue with the connect system. Every few minutes it seems to reset itself, the screen goes off followed by the Nissan logo appearing. In the few minutes between reboots that I can get it working the sat nav seems to have me know where near to my actual location, None of the DAB station are available and the fm seems to have bad reception. The audio from all of the systems seems to cut in and out for every 20 seconds or so.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Does it sound like a physical fault or something that an update could fix? I was unable to get to a dealer this morning so will likely get there next week but was wondering if there is something I can do in the meantime

Thanks in advance...

Ben

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Sounds ill to me. The only comment I can think would be to ask whether or not you have plugged something in - to the USB port specifically? Failing that a trip to the dealer seems to be in order, something is wrong with it. Any updates should have been included as part of the Delivery Inspection.PeterL2015-02-07 21:11:53
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Can you try and access the system menu by following this guide: http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... c2103.html and posting what version software you have? PeterL is correct that the latest version should have been loaded, but we have all seen things which have been missed on the PDI!! In addition to PeterL's suggestion, if you have anything connected to blue tooth, try turning that off to see if that improve things. I had a reset problem on the Micra and it turned out to be one of our phones and some software running on it!
benlis

Post by benlis »

Thanks for the replies

The software version is d300 and hardware version 031

I have connected my phone via Bluetooth but the system was already doing the reset. I've not connected any usb devices though.

The car was delivered from the dealership some 90 miles by a delivery driver, it's possible he may have connected to the system though I didn't see any evidence.

I have tried the restore factory settings option with no effect

Hopefully my local dealership will have somebody knowledgeable available...
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

[quote="benlis"]I took delivery of my new qashqai tekna yesterday, however there seems to be an issue with the connect system. Every few minutes it seems to reset itself, the screen goes off followed by the Nissan logo appearing. In the few minutes between reboots that I can get it working the sat nav seems to have me know where near to my actual location, None of the DAB station are available and the fm seems to have bad reception. The audio from all of the systems seems to cut in and out for every 20 seconds or so. Has anyone had a similar experience? Does it sound like a physical fault or something that an update could fix? I was unable to get to a dealer this morning so will likely get there next week but was wondering if there is something I can do in the meantime Thanks in advance...Ben[/QUOTE]
Sounds like the multi plug connecting the head unit to the various wires is not connected properly. On the production line, the whole dash comes ready-assembled and tested to the car assembly point, directly from the dash factory next door, carried by robots. On the car assembly station the dash is inserted through the door orifice and attached and connected to the rest of the car in one single minute. That being the case there must be a simple connection system for the electrics, including the power, speakers, aerials and so on. I would suspect this connection, given that your unit resets and that you have poor reception and so on.Probably a simple fast cure as long as you have a competent technician look at it.
Quacker2015-02-08 13:50:11
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

Mine displayed exactly the same symptoms when I first had it in August. After two attempts with two consecutive software upgrades it was sorted out (other than FM intermittently crashing which is going in for another upgrade next week).
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

I just remembered the name of the whole dashboard manufacturer and assembler. Calsonic Kansei, who have their factory on the Nissan factory site.The problem is very unlikely to be software related, because there are plenty of units working perfectly. I believe that the touchscreen itself is manufactured by Robert Bosch and supplied to Calsonic for assembly in their dashboard, which in turn is fitted by Nissan. Whether the software is Bosch's or Calsonic's responsibility, I don't know, but I'm willing to bet that this is a dodgy connection or loom issue.
logib

Post by logib »

Same issue here, new QQ Tekna delivered 9th Feb, Nissan Connect v.D300 (Latest?) nothing connected with USB, iPhone connected BT, sat nav journey planned, rebooted 3 times within 10mins, very frustrating, who would be my first point of contact to get resolved? do we think these have dodgy cable connections? Cheers.
benlis

Post by benlis »

I booked mine in with my local dealer yesterday for a software update. I'm pleased to say that it now appears to be working as it should. Took about an hour for them to carry out the work :)
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

What is the new software version?
Now 1.3 petrol Tekna + Gunmetal (Oct-2022)
Was 1.5dci Tekna+ Gunmetal (March 2018)
Was 1.5dci Acenta Premium Magnetic Red (March 2014)